i've successfully deleted an email address from my droid incredible however, if i go back into "set up a new email" and type in the first letter of the old address, my phone "suggests" the old address. does anyone know where i go to clear out any trace of that old address?
    11-10-2010 11:06 AM
    If you tell us what device you are using and software version it might help us. Different devices can handle accounts differently. Like in for Motorola it would be the Accounts app in blur etc.

For Motorola try Settings>Applications>Manager Applications>All. Look for Accounts open it and hit the Clear Data tab.
    I have not tried it myself but if you are rooted maybe clearing cache from recovery would do it. Not 100% sure
    11-10-2010 10:46 PM
    sorry about the lack of info. it's an incredible from verizon made by htc and the operating system is android v 2.2. does that help?
    11-11-2010 01:48 PM
    Go into the settings application then look for the email app go into and hit "clear data"

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    11-11-2010 02:11 PM
    i did that, then powered down the phone and restarted it but it didn't work. the suggested name still pops up when i go into add a new account and type in the first letter. sigh.
    11-12-2010 05:35 AM
    I'm not sure that the suggestion of the email address really means that anything regarding your delete email account is actually retained in the email settings. Are you sure it's the app that's suggesting it? I'd suspect the keyboard app of being responsible in this case. Do you have another keyboard that you can switch to to test?
    11-12-2010 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD