Ok as my here is the situation everyone in my family has a Droid phone and while we do use bump to transfer some files like photos and apps but we would like to be able to transfer nearly any file such as videos or MP3s.

Is there a way to connect unrooted phones to each other through Wifi or Blue Tooth?

Just so you know I have a Droid X, Wife a Droid 2, and Sister a Droid.

I've done some checking and it seems that you need to be rooted which I have not done with mine and won't be done on the other phones.
    11-10-2010 11:50 AM
    I know this way is a pain but you can either use the USB to upload to a computer and then distribute or by snycing to a computer...not the instant your looking for for but an idea.
    11-10-2010 01:29 PM
    You should also be able to bluetooth them back and forth. Takes awhile so computer uploading method is probably your best bet for speed. Plus you have backup on pc.
    11-10-2010 02:29 PM
    You should also be able to bluetooth them back and forth. Takes awhile so computer uploading method is probably your best bet for speed. Plus you have backup on pc.
    How can you use the bluetooth? I tried it before and couldn't really do anything.

While I use a computer with my wife I'm typically out when I see my sister.
    11-10-2010 02:50 PM
    I know Estrongs has a way to transfer files over Bluetooth, but I'm not sure if you have to be rooted or not.
    11-10-2010 09:32 PM
    You can also use Estrongs to do it as a LAN transfer over your home nutwork. Works very well. Even works with a plate Jack Daniels Briskett on the side. The nice thing about using Estrongs is that you can transfer multiple files at a time and using Blueteeth means you do not have to worry about using a home nutwork.
    11-10-2010 10:16 PM
    I use Bluetooth File Explorer to transfer files between my Mac, Droid, and Droid X. It is free in the market.

It has worked well so far but does have problems connecting at times. Not sure why.
    11-10-2010 10:33 PM
    I've tried Bluetooth File Explorer and you need to be rooted to transfer files to other phone types.

I'm going to try Estrongs and see if it works.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    11-11-2010 08:36 AM
    Once in a while you gotta have the device scan again to resume operation, but for the most part, Bluetooth file transfers work ok and Estrongs lets you do multiple files at a time.
    11-11-2010 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD