I cant believe I cant find anything like this, probably because searching is difficult to yield anything but normal SD card readers.

Anyway, I would love to have this device... a SD card reader that you plug into a micro usb slot. Im not sure if an Evo or other devices would support such a device, and maybe thats why they dont exist, but it would be a great idea I think.
    11-11-2010 09:32 AM
    I doubt it would work. Do any phones provide power via microUSB for the reader to function?
    11-12-2010 03:36 PM
    You need to compile a new kernel, and make an adapter out of parts from Radio Shack. One of my Hero's has USB host built in and I can use USB sticks or cardreaders. Never was able to split the cable to get outside power to use an external DVD drive though.
    11-12-2010 04:16 PM
    Would it be possible with the hardware out right now if google changed the software around? Hypothetically speaking?
    11-12-2010 08:58 PM
    The Archos and Viewsonic tablets do this out of the box. All that's required is a way to connect mini/micro USG to standard USB, and changing an "N" to a "Y" in a few places in the kernel makefile before you build the software

You can even use USB mice and Keyboards on some of the El Cheapo Android tablets that have a full size USB input. IMO all Android devices should have it, but my opinion only matters to me
    11-12-2010 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD