I am in deep trouble!! Someone, please come to the rescue!!

My phone is actually a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus but I did not find a forum for this and therefore am posting it here and hopefully one of you wonderful people out there will be able to help.

I awoke this morning to find my phone asking me to update the software. I clicked on update. It proceeded to download the upgrade (some 40 plus MB) after which it started to install the software. It got to a point where the display showed "ANDROID IS UPGRADING....... Finishing Boot". It has been there for the last 8 plus hours.

My questions are: 1) Is this normal? 2) If yes, then how much longer can I expect this process to take? 3) If no, then what can I do to cancel the install without the risk of losing my data?

Please help!!
    09-20-2014 12:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's a tricky situation. 8 hours is clearly too long. You may want to try pressing and holding the Power button for 10-15 seconds in an attempt to force a power down. Otherwise, pull the battery. Shutting down in the middle of the installation process could certainly cause problems, but it's pretty clear you're already having problems, so I don't think you have much to lose by trying to force a power down, then powering up again. Otherwise, bring the phone to a repair shop and see if they can help.
    09-20-2014 04:47 PM
    Thank you so much Diddy for the suggestion. At this time it has been 13 and a half hours and still it is the same. As it's now past midnight here, I am thinking I should leave it as it is till the morning. If there is no change by then, I will surely follow your advise. Thanks.
    09-20-2014 05:34 PM
    I have the same phone and the same exact problem. I pulled the battery on my own (hadn't read this yet) and now I can't get it to turn itself back on. It boots up to the Samsung screen then shuts itself off an keeps rebooting to the Samsung screen. I thought of using Kies to update through the PC, but since the phone keeps shuting itself off and on, the PC can't recognize it for more than a few seconds! Any ideas how I can get it to stay on long enough to do the update???????
    09-20-2014 05:57 PM
    First off I have no experience with the exact phone you have. BUT that being said....

I think your only option is to boot the device into the bootloader. Usually something like Volume DOWN + Home + Power.
    This should enable you to reset your phone using ADB or ODIN..

In cases like these it is probably the system loader that is corrupt, and you need to replace it with the stock one.
    If you google (i have not enough points on this site to post links) "S7580XXUAML4 4.2.2 JB Stock Firmware for Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580- How to Install" you will hopefully find what you need.

best of luck
    -Alexander
    04-21-2015 01:47 AM