Android 4.4 KitKat
    LG Volt
    Virgin Mobile

Hi,

I installed a few apps from the Google play store. Holding my finger down on the image and pressing "remove" doesn't uninstall the app. How can I do that?

Is it also possible to uninstall apps that came with the phone?

Thanks either way

Steve
    09-21-2014 09:42 AM
    That action just delete the shortcut for your app. To uninstall an app go to settings > apps > select the app scrolling down > uninstall.

Apps downloaded for you will be in the first tab, for others apps you should swipe to the all tab.

Some apps that come with the phone can't be uninstalled just disabled. The process to do that is the same. Bloatware and Google apps are in this category. Don't get wild disabling, some apps could cause problems in your phone when disabled. If so, enable them back and things will be OK again.
    That action just delete the shortcut for your app. To uninstall an app go to settings > apps > select the app scrolling down > uninstall.

Apps downloaded for you will be in the first tab, for others apps you should swipe to the all tab.

Some apps that come with the phone can't be uninstalled just disabled. The process to do that is the same. Bloatware and Google apps are in this category. Don't get wild disabling, some apps could cause problems in your phone when disabled. If so, enable them back and things will be OK again.
    09-21-2014 09:51 AM
    Thank you!
    09-21-2014 11:24 AM
    Glad it helped. Ask if you need help with the process or with which apps are safe to disable.
    09-21-2014 11:45 AM
    You can also install CCleaner for your phone and use that to uninstall apps. I've been using CCleaner on my PC for a long time and it's always done a great job of cleaning the system and uninstalling programs. It works just as great on the Android system, too.
    09-21-2014 12:26 PM
    If you're in the app drawer you can also uninstall apps from there. Long-press on the app and drag it to the uninstall label.
    09-21-2014 08:57 PM
    If you have root, you can try uninstall for root.
    With that app you can force deleting of apps.
    09-22-2014 07:01 AM