2 android related questions

lovestrangled

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
i dont yet have an android phone, but im looking to buy one, just waiting for the right phone to come out and then decide between android and meego.

my questions are the following:

1) i read that android 2.2 has flash 10.1, does that mean flash based games can be played on it? like from miniclip, facebook etc?

2) updates to android are quite quick, but actual updates to the handsets are slow because of the OEM's customisations. is there a way to have stock android on a phone so it can be updated reguarly as and when google updates android?
and then a way to revert back if you dont like stock android?

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to have stock android on a phone so it can be updated reguarly as and when google updates android?
Even "stock" Android has be built specifically for your device. As always, if this is a must-have then the Nexus One is the way to go. Second best is to check into the modding community for the device you're interested in. I had Froyo on my Droid long before it was officially released thanks to the Droid's modding community.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
2) updates to android are quite quick, but actual updates to the handsets are slow because of the OEM's customisations. is there a way to have stock android on a phone so it can be updated reguarly as and when google updates android?

Installing a custom ROM is the quickest way to get OS updates, this requires you to be rooted though.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you have full flash making mini clip possible.

As for switching between stock android and skinned, your best bet is to buy an htc sense enabled device, and root it, that way you can use cyanogen mod and get updates FAST or switch back to sense if out isn't for you.

Reactions: lovestrangled

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol