How can I get DATE/TIME stamps for video files created by an android phone?

tucothecat

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Date stamps for videos seem to be so difficult nowadays. I have 3 different format videos in my collection that I am trying to put a date stamp on (physically inlay in video if possible).

The first is from a new sony camcorder. After a lot of lost hours and frustration, I bought VATS, and it works great for those files. However, it will not work at all with my other AVCHD videos from these samsung and mytouch phones. The author has told me it's because of the MP4 container.

So, for the past several days I've downloaded just about every tool out there, and even tried to extract the raw information regarding the date/time stamp on these video files. I have found very little of use. Only with a "diso" dump with MP4box, can I see a date, and the year is strangely set to 2082 on all the videos? About half of these videos (the ones from the Samsung phone) have the proper date coded into the filename . I'd be happy to use that , but I am not sure how to easily batch create SRT's , etc. to parse out that date out of the filename. The others don't even have the date in the filename, and I'm also unable to find with any of the tools.

What is strange about all this, is that the software Super DVDate (which costs $50) somehow is able to get the dates/times of all these files. However, after spending $20 on VATS , it seems ridiculous that I have to spend even more just to read a slightly different file format.

Thanks for any help on this. I think the problem stems from the mp4 containers created by the droid phones. The information must not be easily readable or readily available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance