Can I get some advice about Android phones?

ep1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
android phones

need some advise I haven't use an android since the samsung moment and the hero
from sprint. but I been looking at them lately.
I'm with t mobile so dont know what options I have. is there still a lag between screens and are they up to date with say the iphone and the BB10 series. I just seen a video about the Galaxy Alpha. looks pretty good. so what can you tell me about them android?
can you multitask on them with out going in and out of a app.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: android phones

Android has come a looooooooong way since the Samsung Moment, which came with Android 1.5. The OS has continued to mature and improve by leaps and bounds. Pretty much any flagship phone will be supersmooth and superfast. Midrange phones shouldn't have any problem--and there's always the Moto G, which is priced like a budget phone, but performs almost like a flagship. You just need to avoid the true low-end phones that have processors from 2 years ago and very little Internal Storage, thus limiting how many apps you can install at one time.

At T-Mobile, you can't go wrong with the LG G2 or G3, Samsung Galaxy S5 or Note 3 or 4, the HTC One M8, or the Nexus 5. Sony makes some nice phones as well--I'm just a little worried about the direction their mobile division is going.

Android doesn't have true multitasking like BB10. Some services can stay on in the background (like music apps), but most apps will pause in the background if you switch to another one. I know that Samsung devices have a Multiwindow function, but I'm not sure if that is true multitasking--I'll let those with Samsung familiarity chime in.

Anyway, give it a try! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: android phones

Yeah on the GS5, multitasking is not very good.
You can have two applications running on the same screen, but the apps are very limited to stock apps or a few that actually support it

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae