I am looking to upgrade from my Eris to a Droid X in the next couple of days. What I am concerned with is that I will lose all the apps that I have installed and will need to reinstall. This is not a major issue for all of the free apps, but what happens to the ones I paid for? Are they tracked by my email address in the market place no matter what phone I have, or do I lose them all like I use to with my old non-smart phones games and ringtones? Any advice on how to make the transistion as smooth as possible is apprecitate, along with any advice on which Verizon phone is most recommended. Thanks.
    11-15-2010 08:50 AM
    Apps are tied to your gmail account. As long as you use the same account, the paid apps will show up in the market ready to install.
    11-15-2010 09:13 AM
    Also, install AppBrain on your Eris before getting the new phone. It will make it so much easier to get the apps on your new phone. Before I get a new phone, I uninstall all the apps I never/hardly ever use, then sync with AppBrain. That way the new phone stays kind of "clean" when syncing with AppBrain to put the apps back on the new phone.
    11-15-2010 09:36 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. This justs proves another reason I love google and the fact everything works so well together. Any recommendations on which Verizon phone to go with? Is there something coming out I should wait for?
    11-15-2010 11:06 AM
    Starting out clean - how long to being reinstalling those applications you uninstalled? For me it was 4 days.
    11-15-2010 11:30 AM
    The Incredible HD is supposed to be coming out soon, I would wait for that if you can hold off.
    11-15-2010 11:43 AM
    How is the Incredible HD suppose to stack up againist the Droid X? I would like to upgrade to something usable compared to the Eris, but do not want to be kicking myself for not waiting a couple of weeks if something great is coming. The main thing is I cannot go to the Samsung, since I cannot stand the though of Bing on a Android phone. Plus, I do not have a lot of confidence in rooting a phone, and can't afford to turn one into a brick.
    11-15-2010 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD