Hi guys

My samsung s5 will arrive tomorrow and I'm wondering about registering it etc. I'm currently in Asia however I live in Australia. Regarding a google play account is it ok to open one here and use the same back home? Also is google play the main place to download apps etc

To be honest any advice on what I should hv set up,before the phone arrives would be great.
    10-05-2014 10:55 AM
    Hi guys

My samsung s5 will arrive tomorrow and I'm wondering about registering it etc. I'm currently in Asia however I live in Australia. Regarding a google play account is it ok to open one here and use the same back home? Also is google play the main place to download apps etc

To be honest any advice on what I should hv set up,before the phone arrives would be great.
    The Google account you set now (in Australia) will be good back home. Some apps or services may not be available back home as there are certain things that could be region specific. Though, for the most part you should be fine.

Regarding app store, stick to Google Play or Amazon. Once you start an ecosystem stick with it, as apps purchase from Google Play won't be accessible through Amazon.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any further questions.
    10-05-2014 12:18 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I'll be setting up the account here tomorrow (in Asia ), will that be ok...? I'll be returning to oz in a month
    10-05-2014 01:29 PM
    The Google account you set now (in Australia) will be good back home. Some apps or services may not be available back home as there are certain things that could be region specific. Though, for the most part you should be fine.

Regarding app store, stick to Google Play or Amazon. Once you start an ecosystem stick with it, as apps purchase from Google Play won't be accessible through Amazon.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any further questions.

Hi again

Well it arrives tomorrow so gonna set up an account tonight. Just to confirm, can I set the google account up here (Asia ) use it here then when I go back to oz us the account there ..?
    10-06-2014 12:34 PM
    As far as sticking to one ecosystem, you can buy an app on Amazon and go back to Amazon to reinstall it, and you can buy an app on Play and reinstall it from Play. (I've been running apps from both for a long time. But only because if I see one I want on one store, I won't switch to the other store to install it. They both have the same apps andd, aside from the free app of the day, the paid ones are the same price on either.)

Setting up the Google account is no problem - any account works the same from anywhere. You can use the account you set up in Asia when you're in Oz, the UK, the Americas, the moon, when they extend internet service that far ...

You'll still get the same email, you'll still get the same hangouts groups, the only difference may be in which Play Store apps you can get if you set the phone up in Asia.
    10-07-2014 12:25 AM