Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to the droid world but have quite a bit of experience in IT and with Linux/Unix. the question that i have is, after applying a new ROM/Kernel is there any way to apply my saved "scene" from the former configuration to my newly flashed device? I have all of my apps and widgets placed to my liking and would like to keep them that way but i cant resist playing with overclocking/undervolting and customizing OS's. I hope you guys can help me out. i like to have my cake and eat it too haha. thanks!
    11-16-2010 02:50 AM
    One of the Backup utilities will back up your scenes. I want to say Titanium, but I'm not 100% on that.

The down side is, if you flash a new ROM I do not believe that your old backup will play nicely with a new ROM. My understanding is that it's more for recovery with your existing ROM.

I know what you mean about rebuilding the screens. I finally made a quick sketch of what goes where. Appbrain remembers what I had, and the restore process for me is now about an hour or less depending on how often I'm interrupted.

Hope this helps.
    11-16-2010 07:30 AM
    Thanks much, that definitely gives me some options.
    11-16-2010 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD