How do I restore my app icon that I accidently deleted on my homepage?

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
How do I restore my app icon that I accidently deleted on my homepage

Hi Folks,

First, thank you in advance for helping me with this problem. It is greatly appreciated.

I accidently deleted "Removed" from my Note 3 Homepage, the thumbnail (or icon) for my Google Chrome app. I thought I would try Google Now instead and don't particularly care for it, so I wanted to go back to the standard Chrome app icon (thumbnail) for launching Chrome. It is not available anywhere, to my knowledge.
But, Chrome is still installed. Just the icon is not available in my apps section.

If I remove the app completely (uninstall), to do a clean install again, I am afraid I will lose all the bookmarks that I have created.

Please help.

Thank you again for your understanding and help.

Don

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I restore my app icon that I accidently deleted on my homepage

Open your App Drawer (tap the icon at the bottom row that looks like a grid of dots). Find Chrome, long-press it, and drag it to the homescreen.

Levie Lee

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I meant to move my E internet icon and moved it to the trash bucket. I have the google chrome browser as a default but I can't get it as an icon? So basically I can't even access the icon's for both!! Will I have to reset my whole phone?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I meant to move my E internet icon and moved it to the trash bucket. I have the google chrome browser as a default but I can't get it as an icon? So basically I can't even access the icon's for both!! Will I have to reset my whole phone?

Hello Levie Lee, welcome to the forums! Have you already tried B. Diddy's tip? Which phone do you have? In some phones you can add an app after long pressing on your homescreen. Sometimes those apps could be included in a folder on your app drawer (check for any folder called Google or Samsung if that's your phone).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC