Some sites when you view it in the smartphone browser, it display a version that is suitable for phone browser so the text and images are not small.
    In the smartphone browser, how can I view it like the normal website (exact view like when I am using laptop/PC) instead of the "modified" version on the phone browser?
    10-08-2014 01:55 AM
    In Chrome, tap the menu button and check "Request Desktop Site." That should work most of the time. Some sites will still force the mobile site--in that case, check the bottom of the site and see if there is a link for "Full Site."
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-08-2014 02:13 AM
    Most websites have a view desktop button near the bottom or in a menu option, but getting back to the mobile version later can be hard. Most browsers have a view desktop mode too. That usually works, but some web servers will still present you with the mobile version for some reason. If the url is mobile specific, then you will have to find a way back to the equivalent desktop page after going into desktop mode. Even viewing a mobile specific page on a PC would show you the mobile page in this case and usually start with "m." instead of "www." If they mirror the two site versions, simply manually replacing the "m." with "www." will work as long as the desktop mode is active. Otherwise it could still redirect you back to the mobile version.
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-08-2014 02:15 AM
    What mobile browser have "view desktop mode" beside chrome? Is chrome the best browser to use on mobile?

I tried the view desktop mode. It works. Thanks
    10-08-2014 02:46 AM
    Lots of browsers do have the option. Personally, I like Chrome, but you can try many others, like Dolphin, Boat, Maxthon, Javelin, and Now Browser. I don't have direct experience with the stock S4 browser. Tap the Menu button and check the various settings--besides looking for a "Request Desktop Site" option, also look for something like "Desktop Agent," which is another way of saying it.
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-08-2014 02:53 AM
    Is there a quick way to resize website to the browser to default size? If I pinch a site to enlarge it, I will pinch it back to the smaller size. Just wondering beside pinching is there any way to default it back to the original size faster.
    10-08-2014 03:02 AM
    Double-tap on Chrome will typically zoom in and then zoom back out.

Another nifty feature of Chrome is the one-handed zoom. Double tap, but on the second tap, keep your finger on the screen. Then drag down to zoom in, and drag up to zoom out.
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-08-2014 03:03 AM
    Another nifty feature of Chrome is the one-handed zoom. Double tap, but on the second tap, keep your finger on the screen. Then drag down to zoom in, and drag up to zoom out.
    This does not seem to work.

Double-tap works
    10-08-2014 03:32 AM
    Really? It's supposed to work on Chrome and a few other Google apps: Double-tap to Zoom One-Handed in Google's Mobile Apps
    10-08-2014 03:57 AM
    Double-tap to Zoom One-Handed did not work for me. Maybe some settings or versions needed.
    10-08-2014 04:23 AM
    In Chrome, tap the menu button and check "Request Desktop Site." That should work most of the time. Some sites will still force the mobile site--in that case, check the bottom of the site and see if there is a link for "Full Site."
    I want a way to spoof Desktop mode...so that Facebook thinks I am on a PC. I do not want to have to rely on Browser options since Facebook obviously can override that.

There has got to be a way to do that on Android.
    10-26-2014 10:56 PM
    On the Facebook mobile page, tap the hamburger menu in the upper left, scroll down, and tap Desktop Site. That should give you the full desktop site. I'm not sure if it will default to this each time, though.
    10-26-2014 10:59 PM
    On the Facebook mobile page, tap the hamburger menu in the upper left, scroll down, and tap Desktop Site. That should give you the full desktop site.
    I agree it should. It doesn't. Facebook (and some other sites) know of some way to override it. It's incredibly annoying.

I am looking for a way (even a hack) that will make facebook believe I am on a desktop.
    10-27-2014 12:18 PM
    Weird--what device? You have a Nexus 5, right? I tried it on my Nexus 5, and it works. What happens when you tap Desktop Site? Does it just reload the mobile site?

EDIT: Oh wait, are you referring to the fact that it isn't defaulting to Desktop Site each time?
    10-27-2014 12:45 PM
    Weird--what device? You have a Nexus 5, right? I tried it on my Nexus 5, and it works. What happens when you tap Desktop Site? Does it just reload the mobile site?

EDIT: Oh wait, are you referring to the fact that it isn't defaulting to Desktop Site each time?
    No, it just ignores the desktop request for me. Using that option does not do anything.

And I don't know...it might work on Dolphin or whatever. I wanted to see if there was a way I could take the option out of Facebooks hands...so that I no longer have to ask permission for the desktop site.

The reason I am doing this is because I do not want to install facebook messenger. I am looking for ways to circumvent it.
    10-27-2014 12:55 PM
    Not sure if this would have anything to do with it, but is JavaScript turned on in Chrome? Also, what if you Clear Cache/Data from Chrome, then try accessing Desktop Site again?
    10-27-2014 01:04 PM
    The reason I am doing this is because I do not want to install facebook messenger. I am looking for ways to circumvent it.
    You can send and receive Facebook messages in the mobile version of their site. It's the middle icon at the top of the page. If that's you're only reason for wanting the desktop version, you probably don't need it.
    10-27-2014 05:36 PM
    The desktop view may be site specific. I too have noticed that on some sites, requesting desktop view does nothing. Other sites reload and show the desktop view just fine.
    10-27-2014 07:11 PM
    That's true, but certain mobile websites actually have a link on the site to change to the full desktop version. This is separate from the browser option to request desktop site. The mobile Facebook page definitely has this option, which worked for me, but apparently not for JeffDenver.
    10-27-2014 07:40 PM
    Try puffin browser to see if it works. It usually display in desktop mode.
    10-27-2014 09:18 PM