Hi there,

I have a motorolla Dext (aka Cliq) and this weekend the touchscreen started acting strange. It is as if there is a non-responsive strip on the touchscreen, where it does not register any input at all. You can check with gesture search and scribble all over the screen. See below for a depiction of the problem:

---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------

XXX marks the area which does not respond. This is intermittent but at the moment it is mostly non responsive. And is a pain if you want to slide to unlock of type with the onscreen keyboard.

I have tried flashing different roms and wiping it in recovery, but it is still there.

Has anybody else experienced this and can you confirm if it is a hardware or software problem. I have the feeling that I will be sending it in for repairs under the waranty.

Cheers

Phil
    11-16-2010 06:04 PM
    Hi there,

I have a motorolla Dext (aka Cliq) and this weekend the touchscreen started acting strange. It is as if there is a non-responsive strip on the touchscreen, where it does not register any input at all. You can check with gesture search and scribble all over the screen. See below for a depiction of the problem:

---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------
    ---XXX----------

XXX marks the area which does not respond. This is intermittent but at the moment it is mostly non responsive. And is a pain if you want to slide to unlock of type with the onscreen keyboard.

I have tried flashing different roms and wiping it in recovery, but it is still there.

Has anybody else experienced this and can you confirm if it is a hardware or software problem. I have the feeling that I will be sending it in for repairs under the waranty.

Cheers

Phil

See link below:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...our-droid.html
    11-16-2010 09:20 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion Ricky,

My problem is different in that the screen image is fine but the response to input is the problem.

I will ask my telco to see what they think (after I have removed the custom rom)
    11-16-2010 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD