Google Play Music not updating

RandmTask

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Using Google play music on my nexus 5. The music has all been updated from my mac running back OS X 10.9 through iTunes

However whenever I change the tags, album art, file name etc the changes are not reflected in Google play music on my nexus (or on the web version of Google play)

Is there anyway of forcing Google play to refresh what they have on their server? From what I understand this is how it is supposed to work but doesn't!

Cheers

RT

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Using Google play music on my nexus 5. The music has all been updated from my mac running back OS X 10.9 through iTunes

However whenever I change the tags, album art, file name etc the changes are not reflected in Google play music on my nexus (or on the web version of Google play)

Is there anyway of forcing Google play to refresh what they have on their server? From what I understand this is how it is supposed to work but doesn't!

Cheers

RT

Essentially the issue is that this is not how the system is intended to work. The Music Manager only uploads files once, it does not update files as you go. You can force it to reupload by going to the Music Manager and "remove" your library location and re-add it but this may cause you to have duplicates.

The "intended" method of use is to upload all of your music once and then use Play Music as your library. You can edit your track tags directly through the website.

LP Slade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I originally started using the Google Music Manager on my MacBook Pro and it worked beautifully. All of my music automatically was added as I purchased it and all of my playlists updated too. This was on Mavericks (the last version of MAC OS X). I participated in the Beta program for Yosemite and I noticed that after that, when I log into Google Play on any computer or open the app on any device (Android or iPhone), my playlists disappeared. All of my music is still there, but none of my playlists are. I open the Music Manager and it offers me the option of uploading specific playlists, but when I select it, the box to select from is blank. I imagine this has something to do with the OS switch ... especially being a beta, but has anyone else experienced this?? Any solutions??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance