I have an xperia sp and since a few days ago i have not been able to download anything from play store. I always get the message "There is insufficient space on the device." I have a lot of apps installed, some of them big games (dead trigger 2 and asphalt 8) leaving the internal memory with 481 MBs available, according to my phone's settings. I get the message even when trying to download an app which is just a few KBs, which should be installed normally. I can copy files to the internal memory normally and use them normally. Any idea on how to fix this?
    10-12-2014 10:51 AM
    Go to settings, and navigate your way to "storage" (not sure exactly which steps to get there on your device). Once you're there look for "Cache" or "Cached Data". Tap that, and reboot. See if that helps. Still no luck? Uninstall some games or apps that you're no longer using. Also pick up a MicroSD card, and move any apps you can over to it.

To move apps, you'll have to go to your app manager (aka manage applications), and go through them. Tap on each one and see if the "Move to SD card" is enabled, and move what you can over.

If they use a widget that you have on your homescreen, or if it's a game that you needs to load and execute fast, leave it on the device. Other apps that you don't need super-fast loading from (for example, social media such as Facebook or Twitter, or other stuff like that can be moved over.

That should help somewhat.
    10-12-2014 07:55 PM
    The "storage" section in settings on the xperia sp has no option regarding cached data. Btw, I have tryed clearing the play store cache through the apps section in settings, with no results.
    Also, the xperia sp doesnt support moving apps to sd :-(
    There is enough space in the internal memory to install apps, but apparently play store thinks that 400 MBs are not enough to install an app as small as a few KBs.
    10-13-2014 02:25 PM
    There is enough space in the internal memory to install apps, but apparently play store thinks that 400 MBs are not enough to install an app as small as a few KBs.
    The app may call for 600MB upon installation (to store its data, for instance), so you don't have enough free spave for that app.
    10-13-2014 03:06 PM
    Solution that worked for me:

Google Play Music - > Settings -> disable caching
    12-26-2015 12:47 PM
    please clear the cache data in your storage settings

works fantastic
    03-10-2016 02:11 AM