How can I activate the home, return, and where I have been buttons on my new Tab S?

Elizabeth Jacobs

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
How can I activate the" home, return, and where I have been" buttons on my new tab s?

Everything has been going fine on the new galaxy tab s till now. Suddenly I can't get back to the "home page" can't go back, at all, and can't access the previously used apps. And sometimes I can't get the tab to switch off. I would appreciate some advice thanks. Lizzi

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I activate the" home, return, and where I have been" buttons on my new tab s?

Welcome to Android Central! When do you have this problem? Are you in the middle of using an app? Your Tab S (8.4 or 10.5) should have a physical Home button--are you saying that pressing the physical Home button doesn't do anything? Is the tablet completely frozen?

Elizabeth Jacobs

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I activate the" home, return, and where I have been" buttons on my new tab s?

Thank you for the welcome. The tab s is a 10.5.
I can move around in the app, but can't go anywhere,
Backward or forward, ( when in email, I can view the emails) I am using the "assistant menu" to navigate and switch the tab off. I guess you could say that it is freezing. Thanks for your help. Lizzi.
I have only had this tab for a couple of weeks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm not familiar with an assistant menu. Can you move back by tapping the Back button, right next to the Home button?

Elizabeth Jacobs

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

No, there is no response when I press the back button, the home button, or the button that brings up the open apps, or the switch off button on the other side of the tab.
The assistant menu is an on screen icon from "accessibility", that provides quick access to a menu of important functions. It displays contextual menu options for selected applications. When I press the assistant menu, the light appears in the back button. Thanks for your consideration & time with this issue.
Regards, Lizzi.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What happens if you turn off that assistant menu, or turn off Accessibility altogether?