Dual bluetooth

Shooter560

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I have tried to search for an answer but seem to have hit a brick wall, so thought I would ask.

I am looking to get a new phone however I have a major issus/requirement in that I need a phone, any smart phone that will connect to 2 different bluetooth devices at the same time, namely handsfree headset and also my sat nav. I can pair any phone to both but so far ca't find any that will allow both to be connected, I have to pick one or the other :( I know that fruity companies phones will allow me to do what I want but I really don't want to have to go down that route if possible.

Any smart phone will do, more choices the better if its at all possible, I'm not fussed about manufacturer so please lets hope you can help

Thanks in advance

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
What are you trying to accomplish through this? My Nexus 5 will connect to both my car stereo and headset at the same time, but I've never found any practical use for this. It just means that I can play music through my stereo but receive calls over my headset instead of the stereo.

Shooter560

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for the reply raptir, sorry I should have clarified, I ride a motorcycle and so need the phone to connect to my bluetooth headset, but I also have a sat nav on the bike that receives live traffic updates every 2 mins also via bluetooth, as I potentially need both at the same time I really do need to find a phone that will connect and work with both without any input from me.

I will have a look at the Nexus 5, but would also like if possible to have more than one option

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Maps updates pretty regularly, so does Mapquest. Run either of them and your headset - on any Android phone. I don't know about every 2 minutes - that depends on where you are and how either the map app or your satnav system gets the updates, but both Mapquest and Maps show a pretty real-time picture of the traffic on those roads that report it electronically. (Even the agencies that run the reporting systems don't get immediate updates - it takes even big iron a finite amount of time to process the input from a few thousand sensors - and in a large city like NYC, there are a lot more sensors than that.)

Shooter560

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for that, however as my bike has a built in sat nav system that I can see in front of me I'm not going to leave that to waste to run something in my phone, I want to see the route not hear it. The garmin sat nav runs Smart Link which does live traffic updates and does so as I mentioned every 2 mins, these include traffic and also speed cameras, given the Sat nav also allows me to report these cameras, like mobile ones in vans which we have in the UK its really handy to know when one is in place. I could run my phone through the sat nav it does have that option however it means I have to press the screen to accept calls, whereas when the phone is linked to the helmet headset I have the voice command connected so all I have to do is say answer call or make call and its done, far safer for me.

I'm going to have another look at the Nexus 5 and see if I can get it to do what I want, otherwise I think I'll have to buckle on my wish not to jump ship and go and look at Apple as I know they will connect to multiple BT devices simultaneously (I just don't like apple)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2