I get this message if I try to download an app or an update.
    According to my Storage info I have :
    Internal memory - Total space: 1.00 GB; Available space 0.93 GB
    SD Card - Total space: 29.27 GB; Available space 28.94 GB

My phone: LG-L38C Android version 2.3.6
    10-13-2014 06:27 PM
    Sounds like you need to move some of your existing apps over to the SD card....I'm not sure of the exact process on that particular phone, but most likely the option is somewhere in your apps menu.
    10-13-2014 11:02 PM
    If you aresure you have space and you are rooted. Try setting the defaolt download save location back to stoxk settings, if this doesnt work then if you have changed the sd readahead valut thwn put that baxk as well. Should be 128kb i believe. This workes for me.
    10-14-2014 10:19 AM
    ecraig read my post again. I have plenty of space available - 93% of 1GB. My problem is the message I get that says i don't have space.
    10-15-2014 11:25 AM
    Your phone's internal memory might be partitioned into an "internal SD card" and app storage. Go to Settings/General/Storage and see how much storage space is currently being used. Subtract that from 930MB (approximately - MB and mB aren't the same) or 0.93GB (same caution) and you'll know about how much free space allocatable to app storage is free.
    10-15-2014 02:09 PM
    So, you just disregard my post then huh? OK. Cool. Its the solution to your problem but whatever.

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk
    10-17-2014 07:39 PM
    No ROOT? Well that's new!!

10-17-2014 07:41 PM
    The OP's phone doesn't sound like it's rooted, so I'm not sure how your suggested solution would help his situation.

I think Rukbat's suggestion is a good one--check to see if the total internal storage of the phone is divided into an App Storage partition and an "Internal SD" partition, which was typical of pre-Jellybean phones. The 1 GB of Internal Memory that you're mentioning might be the "Internal SD" partition, which is not used for app installation. If there's a separate App Storage partition, that might be quite small--perhaps less than 1 GB--and it might be almost full.

It'd be helpful if you could post screenshots of the entire Settings>Storage screen. http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html. In the meantime, review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
    10-17-2014 11:07 PM
    Shane, I didn't ignore your message. It took some time, but I have looked at everything in my settings and I can't find those things you said - "default download location" or "SD readahead value". Everything says I have lots of space available but I still get that message. ????
    10-18-2014 09:53 AM
    I have no idea what "rooted" means and I don't see anything about an "Internal SD" partition.

More info - I go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications, and pick the Downloads tab and it show a list of 8 apps, and at the bottom of the screen it says "System memory 135MB used 22MB available."

In this same window I pick the Internal memory tab and it lists 2 apps - eBay 22.27MB and File Manager 5.84MB, and at the bottom it now says "Internal memory 70MB used 0.93GB free"

In this same window I pick the Running tab which shows another list and at the bottom it says "RAM 102MB used 143MB free

I am a bit confused about "RAM" and "System memory" and "Internal memory". I am more familiar with PCs which only have system memory and a hard drive.

More details about Storage on my next post.
    10-18-2014 10:42 AM
    Here is everything I find when I go to Settings>Storage. I have added several comments inside < >:

USB connection mode
    Mass storage only
    USB connection mode is mass storage only
    < check box is unchecked >

Internal memory
    Total space:
    1.00GB
    Available space
    0.93GB
    Erase internal memory
    Format (erase) the internal memory

SD Card
    Total space
    29.27GB
    Available space
    28.94GB
    Unmount SD card
    Unmount the SD card so you can safely remove it
    Erase SD card <this is grayed out>
    Erases all data on the SD card, such as music and photos

System memory
    Available space
    16.82MB
    10-18-2014 10:53 AM
    Try clearing your cache from recovery, you won't lose any information, not sure of the exact procedure for your device, but it is usually holding a combination of buttons while powering on, usually very easy.
    10-18-2014 11:21 AM
    Ok, from what the information you've given, here's what I think the problem is.

In the Settings>Apps>Downloaded screen, the memory that's shown at the bottom is your App Storage partition. This is the part of the overall Internal Storage that is used to install apps, and it looks like it's exceedingly small to begin with (about 157 MB in total, with 135 MB used). This is actually not that surprising, because your phone is fairly old, and back then, apps weren't that big, so manufacturers didn't make these partitions very big. The App Storage partition is important because this is where you download and install new apps, and if you only have 22 MB free, you're not going to have much space at all to install anything.

When you move an app to SD on your phone, it is likely moving a portion of the app (not the whole thing) from App Storage to the Internal Memory partition, also known as "Internal SD." This is what you see in Settings>Apps>Internal Memory. The apps listed there are ones that either you moved or the system moved automatically to SD card (some apps will automatically move portions of themselves to the SD upon installation, if available). Your Internal Memory partition has about 1 GB total, and only 70 MB is being used--however, this is not where you can install all of your apps. The system is considering this partition as an SD card, even though you can't remove it.

What this also means is that your external microSD card is not available for app installation, since moving apps to SD moves them to the Internal Memory partition. Your external microSD card is primarily useful for storage of media files, like music, videos, and photos.

System RAM is not the same as storage ROM memory. RAM is used by the system to hold apps open in memory, and is therefore very dynamic. The more RAM a device has the more apps can be held open in memory, which means faster app switching and opening.

I go into more detail about this in that guide I linked previously. Unfortunately, with a phone as old as yours, you're going to keep encountering issues with low memory, given the demands of today's apps. It may be time for an upgrade. Good luck!
    ErvT likes this.
    10-18-2014 03:13 PM
    FYI, Erv, in a PC you have RAM (which runs about 4GB yo 16GB these days), some of which is used by the system. but most of which is used by programs. It's not segmented in any way (other than shared graphics memory in cheaper computers - the graphics card has no memory on it and uses some of the computer's RAM), and any program can be loaded anywhere no other program (user or system) is using.

For storage of programs and data when you turn the power off, you have a hard drive. Any program or data can be put anywhere that's not being used. (The only exception is the beginning of the drive, which holds information about the drive [like partition locations] and a directory of files and folders on the drive.)

In phones, it's different. Some of the "hard drive", the "storage memory" (which is really electrically alterable ROM, like an SD card) is allocated for use as program storage, some as data storage, some as an area programs that need an SD card can use in phones in which there's no external SD card, etc., some for the use of the system.

Different manufacturers refer to the different areas, and all of the alterable ROM, in different ways, so it's a guess as to how much space is available for what. But I'd say that B. Diddy's analysis is pretty good, and you have about 22MB of space in which to install apps - which is nothing these days. Many "developers" use tools to develop apps that result in apps that are much larger than they need to be. (Years ago, we said that we needed a bigger shoe horn - meaning that we had to trim the program down a little more to fit the available space. Now, if the current top of the line phones have a lot of storage, these "developers" don't care how huge the app is, as long as it's easy to create.)

That's more of a reason people have to keep buying new phones every 2 years than the carriers' desire to sell them - older phones can't run many apps written a couple of years later. If all you want is a phone, it doesn't matter. (I still grab my old Motorola V551 - the latest feature back then was a camera in a cellphone - if there's a chance it'll get wet, damaged or "lost". I can probably replace it for $10 from Craig's list. It doesn't do much, but if I get a phone call, or if I have to call my wife, it still works.) If you want a pocket-sized laptop that can also make phone calls (that's my daily phone), it matters, so you buy the best phone you can get - the most memory and the fastest CPU - and hope it'll still have enough "go" for 3 or 4 years. My older Android - 3-1/2 years old now - is almost useless as anything but a phone and GPS.
    B. Diddy and ErvT like this.
    10-18-2014 04:21 PM
    Excuse me for my earlier post sir. No excuse for that. If you have a file explorer of some sort on your phone you might also go into your internal SD card folder and look for a file called download. Move everything from there to your SD card. If you have downloaded any music or anything else you can search around in your internal SD card and move all of those files to your ext SD card as well. There is an app called super atool box available on Google play. It has a file scan option that will search for apk's, music, movies, etc seperatly. If you have enough space to install that it has a cashed cleaner as well. You can use it to locate these files, move them and then clear cache and then delete the app. Like stated above, older phones are not equipped for the demands of newer apps. There are a variety of new phones available for cheap now. You might want to upgrade. I assumed you had root and we all know what assumptions do! I hope you get it sorted out sir.

ErvT likes this.
    10-18-2014 05:58 PM
    If you don't have a file explorer, I rexomemd root explorer. It doesn't have to have root privileges to work like you need it to and it is very small and it is built in such a way so as to make moving files from one folder to another very easy.

ErvT likes this.
    10-18-2014 06:00 PM
    to B. Diddy, Rukbat, Shane Calm

Thanks for all your replies - I think those answers are what I'm looking for. I just need some time to sort it all out and try those things you have mentioned.

RE: File Explorer - I have an app for that, but I seem to see better information by connecting the phone to my computer and viewing the files with Windows Explorer. That method lists two separate drives which clearly shows what is on the external SD card.

Thanks again !
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-19-2014 07:25 AM
    how do you do it though? I try to download apps and I have WAY more than enough room. but I don't know how to do what you are saying.
    10-30-2015 07:24 AM
    To Memo Choa
    I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want to connect the phone to a computer you need a cord that connects to your phone charge port and has a USB connection on the other end. When you connect the phone it will usually pop up a message on the screen and you click the option that connects to the computer. The file explorer on your computer will then show your phone as a separate drive and you can view, move, or delete the files on your phone.

I never did resolve my original problem with not enough internal storage available to download apps, so I bought another phone with much larger internal memory, now everything works OK,
    10-30-2015 03:45 PM