The stock internet browser on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 n9005 won't clear browsing history...I tried clearing it from the history tab, from the privacy settings and clearing app cache from application manager, but still the history is there!!

clearing the app data from the application manager works but it also erases all my saved settings

Any suggestions?

Any help appreciated, thank you in advance
    10-15-2014 10:50 AM
    Are you syncing history with any other device? Maybe something else is overwriting it when you do. I know this happens with Chrome syncing sometimes, so maybe it's the same case here.
    10-15-2014 10:56 AM
    No I didn't sync with anything and not signed into any account.

My problem is that on the stock samsung browser and on Chrome the history won't be cleared unless I close the browser and restart it, then it clears just fine.

Otherwise, I press "clear browsing history" and it's just unresponsive.

I'm an android noob, so I don't know if that's normal behaviour.

Thank you so much for the reply

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2014 09:00 AM
    It's probably normal, and points out the degradation of the profession over the years. We used to ask the users how they did what they needed a program to do, then code a program to do it that way. Now, "programmers" (I think of them as hacks) write the program (or app) they want and tell you to get used to using it their way. I retired from the industry almost 3 years ago, but the last program I wrote was still what the user wanted, not what I found easier to write. I never put my name on junk, and I never will. (Which is why I don't write Android apps - I don't know the environment well enough yet to actually write programs for Android. What I'd write would be, at best, inelegant. [And being told that your code is inelegant is worse than just embarrassing.])
    TheOriginalWolfman likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:38 PM