With iOS you can almost never jailbreak your device again after an update until new exploits have been found.

Is this different for Android so that you can always root again after a new firmware update?
    10-16-2014 03:32 AM
    I've heard of some updates that "fix" rooted phones by closing the exploit. I think some have been ok as long as you're rooted prior to the update, and some may depend on the root method. If it's a flagship phone, you can pretty much expect there will be a lot of effort put in to finding new exploits if needed. Nothing is guaranteed, but you'll most likely eventually be able to re-root if it's a popular phone simply because of the demand for a root method.

There's also ways to prevent updates from being applied so you can hold off until you can find out eventual root options after the update.
    10-16-2014 04:21 AM
    I've heard of some updates that "fix" rooted phones by closing the exploit. I think some have been ok as long as you're rooted prior to the update, and some may depend on the root method. If it's a flagship phone, you can pretty much expect there will be a lot of effort put in to finding new exploits if needed. Nothing is guaranteed, but you'll most likely eventually be able to re-root if it's a popular phone simply because of the demand for a root method.

There's also ways to prevent updates from being applied so you can hold off until you can find out eventual root options after the update.
    Problem is, it's a Chinese phone which needs to be rooted to install gapps so I will have to be sure it can still be rooted after an update, as you have to reflash gapps.

Usually if you flash the update through CWM, it gives you the option to root the phone before it reboots again. I'm wondering if this is a fail safe method.
    10-16-2014 05:26 AM