Yesterday I was sitting in a coffee house/donuts shop with a couple of friends, and one of them spilled his vanilla Cappuccino on the table where my phone(which was in a case) was also on and some of it touched the surface of my speakers. I immediately ran to the nearest grocery store, bought a bag of rice, and left it in it for about 14 hours. I got it out of the rice this morning and there is
    still some crackling noise. My phone is an Alcatel OneTouch Idol (6030D) so its back is not removable. Any solutions?

P.S.
    When I lower the volume a bit the crackling sorta disappears
    10-17-2014 04:11 AM
    Sounds as though there is permanent damage. Probably because there is sugar in the drink. If the rice didn't work than there isn't much you can do. Do you have insurance?
    10-17-2014 04:18 AM
    Warranty you mean? Yes. Insurance idts.
    10-17-2014 06:33 AM
    Warranty you mean? Yes. Insurance idts.
    No, insurance is extra coverage you pay for yourself that allows you to get a replacement in the event of accidental damage like this. Warranties are for manufacturer defects, which this clearly is not.

Basically he's saying, "live with it or replace it." You could potentially replace the speaker but that would be a decent task.
    Fadyi likes this.
    10-17-2014 09:27 AM
    The rice trick only works well for things that won't leave behind a destructive residue. That would not include vanilla Cappuccinos.
    10-17-2014 09:45 AM
    The rice trick only works well for things that won't leave behind a destructive residue.
    Which only includes one item - chemically pure water. Any minerals or acids in the water, which you have even if you put the water through a good filter, will cause damage if they're not washed out with alcohol (Wet Phone). Since the coffee only got on the speakers, it may not be too late to give them a good soaking (at least 24 hours), but if they're not plastic resonator speakers, the alcohol will cause more damage than it fixes. (This is why fixing cellphones is one of those "don't do this at home" things.)
    Fadyi likes this.
    10-18-2014 11:25 PM