Is Polaris Office able to do what Microsoft Office can do?

Eddie Liew

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Is Polaris Office able to do what microsoft office can do?

So I'm thinking about getting a tablet but I dislike the idea of a windows because of the app store so I was thinking of an android tablet instead.
Would having Polaris office let me be able to edit microsoft word documents and let me go between windows and android while being able to edit documents and spreadsheets as well as open up documents from emails?
I just want this to open basic school work like pdf, word documents, excel and power point. Nothing fancy.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is Polaris Office able to do what microsoft office can do?

There are a number of good office suites for Android. None will live up to a true Windows installation of Microsoft Office but they are definitely serviceable.

If Google Drive on the PC meets your needs, then Google Drive on Android is a good option. I personally use this, and you can easily export to PDF or Office format if you need to submit something in that format. Google recently broke the office functionality into the Docs, Sheets and Slides apps, and you can now edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on your device without uploading them to Drive, if you so choose.

Microsoft also recently made their own mobile version of Office available for free on Android (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.microsoft.office.officehub&token=AwNE8lbw). Again, it's not nearly as full-featured as the Windows PC version of Microsoft Office but it gets the job done if you don't have crazy requirements for formatting.

If you're planning on still having a Windows computer available to you for when you need to do more intensive formatting, I would say that the Android solutions would be fine as a companion device.

Edit: And just to be clear, I was providing alternatives. Polaris is also up there as far as options go, but there are many you can try out.

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is Polaris Office able to do what microsoft office can do?

So I'm thinking about getting a tablet but I dislike the idea of a windows because of the app store so I was thinking of an android tablet instead.
Would having Polaris office let me be able to edit microsoft word documents and let me go between windows and android while being able to edit documents and spreadsheets as well as open up documents from emails?
I just want this to open basic school work like pdf, word documents, excel and power point. Nothing fancy.

From my experience so far... no. My girlfriend and I have been testing to see if we can create simple word and exel doccuments on the tablet at home then open them in microsoft at work. So far no luck. I have heard microsoft will be releasing office for android. But until that happens I reccomend you don't waste your time and money on an android tablet. We've been trying with the Tab S.