How to connect to my home Wi-Fi network with Android Live CD on PC?

Cariboo38

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have Android-x86 4.4-r1 Live CD running on my Desktop PC but it does not scan/recognize my home Wi-Fi network.
What do I have to do?
-Juergen

Last edited:

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's possible your Wi-Fi adapter isn't being detected. That said, I can't seem to find a list of what adapters are compatible with the Android Live CD, so perhaps someone else more familiar with the Android x86 project may have further ideas.

Cariboo38

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
It's possible your Wi-Fi adapter isn't being detected. That said, I can't seem to find a list of what adapters are compatible with the Android Live CD, so perhaps someone else more familiar with the Android x86 project may have further ideas.

My Wi-Fi adapter is TRENDnet TEW-6528RP (router) and TRENDnet TEW649UB (Toggle).
By The Way:
Samsung Galaxy S4, running on Android 4.3 (Kernel 3.4.5-2057364) has no problem to recognize
the TRENDnet Wi-Fi adapter and connect to the Internet.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The PC and S4 don't recognize the router, they recognize the hardware inside themselves. Your S4 recognizes its own wifi radio. What Devhux is saying is that your Android Live installation may not be recognizing the wifi adapter in the PC. In your case, since you're running a USB wifi adapter, you'd need the Linux driver for that adapter - which Trendnet probably never wrote. (Trendnet is cheap, but you'll find that Linux will recognize PCI adapters using the Broadcom chipset in almost all cases - adapters like Linksys or D-Link, which cost considerably more.)

Cariboo38

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I got the picture.
Is there a complete list of WiFi adapters supported by Android Live CD?
(BTW I run Ubunte Linux on my PC and never had a problem with TRENDnet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2