Just got my hands on my new Z3 Compact last Monday. Delighted with the phone after switching from an iPhone 5 aside from a minor annoyance. After buying the Z3C, I then bought a Sony 16GB SD Card which mounted just fine.

I then went to download a playlist to the device with approximately 1,000 songs from Google Play on to the card. The songs download to the card just fine, but at the same time, the size of the Google Play app in the Z3C's Internal Memory increases from around 55MB until it’s over 6GB, taking me perilously close to the internal storage limit of the device.

Within Storage Settings, the device is set up so that all photos, videos and music files are saved by default to the SD card. In the Google Play settings, I’ve checked and I’ve definitely chosen to save all downloads to the SD card and additionally have unselected caching. I’ve also double checked to ensure all software is up to date as well.

Any help would be very much appreciated, since I frequently work in remote areas where wifi and 3/4G access is very limited and I love my music!

Cheers

John
    10-19-2014 04:38 PM
    If you downloaded from the Play Store then the music will not fully be stored on to the external SD card for security reasons (prevents transferring to another device).

You might need to keep limited number of songs on the device if you prefer to download and have on the go. Also, it's advisable that you download while on wifi, not mobile data.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    JohnInNI likes this.
    10-19-2014 04:54 PM
    Thanks very much for replying. Not the answer I wanted, but great to know what's going on

This evening I managed to configure a work around. Downloaded my music collection from Google Play to my laptop hard drive and then transferred everything across to the Z3C's Micro SD Card via USB. Switched off WiFi and mobile data, crossed my fingers and waited with bated beath... and everything seems to be working just as it should.

Thank again for your help - very much appreciated.
    10-20-2014 07:46 PM
    Just got my hands on my new Z3 Compact last Monday. Delighted with the phone after switching from an iPhone 5 aside from a minor annoyance. After buying the Z3C, I then bought a Sony 16GB SD Card which mounted just fine.

I then went to download a playlist to the device with approximately 1,000 songs from Google Play on to the card. The songs download to the card just fine, but at the same time, the size of the Google Play app in the Z3C's Internal Memory increases from around 55MB until it’s over 6GB, taking me perilously close to the internal storage limit of the device.

Within Storage Settings, the device is set up so that all photos, videos and music files are saved by default to the SD card. In the Google Play settings, I’ve checked and I’ve definitely chosen to save all downloads to the SD card and additionally have unselected caching. I’ve also double checked to ensure all software is up to date as well.

Any help would be very much appreciated, since I frequently work in remote areas where wifi and 3/4G access is very limited and I love my music!

Cheers

John
    Hi John how did you set it so all apps from the play store saved to your sd card?

Thanks craig
    05-02-2015 04:37 PM