I dont know how to get rid of this app. I updated it from the store and since then it created itself a new entry in my app drawer but didnt remove the old one. this old one was also on my home screen (which i deleted manually.).
    I tried to delete apps from the drawer manually but it only brings me to a place to drag it onto the homescreen.

Ive attached a screenshot of it

I have a stuck/dead app in my app drawer-screenshot_2014-10-20-01-15-10-1-.png
    10-20-2014 12:37 AM
    Which phone do you have? The fact that the grey Bubble Explode icon has an SD icon on it makes me wonder if there was some leftover folder on the SD that is still causing it to register that way. Try this:

1. First, uninstall the current version of Bubble Explode.
    2. Use a file manager and explore your external SD card. Do you see any folders related to Bubble Explode? It might bear the company's name, rather than the game's name. If you do see a folder, delete it.
    3. Now reinstall Bubble Explode. Did that help?

Another option would be to wipe the system cache partition, but I'd need the phone model first.
    10-20-2014 12:42 AM
    Another option would be to wipe the system cache partition, but I'd need the phone model first.
    Settings/General/Storage/Cached data works on almost all current Android devices, and it's easier than restarting.
    10-20-2014 04:36 PM
    Settings/General/Storage/Cached data works on almost all current Android devices, and it's easier than restarting.
    i have gone thru recovery and wiped cache partition, its still there. ill look around on the sd card though!!! if nothing is there though, ill have to lose my scores/start over in the game?
    10-20-2014 05:58 PM
    Another thing you could try is to go to the App Manager, select TouchWiz Home, and Clear Data. This will reset your launcher to the original default, so you'll have to set it all up again. But it might also reset your App Drawer as well, clearing out that old icon.
    10-20-2014 07:33 PM
    What would happen if i cleaned out the dalvik cache?? Ive never done that as "maintainence", since ive only ever read of people doing that just before flashing their own custom ROM/factory reset. I dont want to lose everything.

I still have to look around on the SD card, didnt have time earlier.
    10-21-2014 12:48 AM
    Clearing the Dalvik cache basically means that the next time you start (or restart) your phone, it's going to take 5-10 minutes to rebuild the cache.

What I sugggest is that you install Helium and save the data from that game (save it to the external card). Then uninstall the game. Look on the SD card for any folder with that game's name or the developer's name and delete it. Then reinstall the game and use Helium to restore the data and you shouldn't lose your scores, but you'll probably lose the "ghost".

I wouldn't clear the TouchWiz data except as a last resort. Take screen shots of all your screens, or you'll be days trying to get the homescreens back to the way you're used to them.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-21-2014 10:37 PM
    Well i ended up losing my scores... i went through my screens as though organizing, and hit the minus sign on the ghost one... it uninstalled the whole thing.

But before that, i looked around on my sd card and couldnt find anything. even now going into the app manager for that app, it says theres stuff on the sd card, but to go in and look theres nothing there. Im looking using root browser.

Im just looking now and it says there 48MB worth of stuff on the SD card but im not seeing anything related to the game, at all..... its all things ive stored there manually.

ETA Actually, its saying 48mb on the sd card and another 48 on the usb storage...???

this is after accidently deleting the game before. all i did was move it to the usb storage, off of "phone" storage.

i do have directory bind but i have nothing created or activated for that game. so it really just makes no sense....
    10-22-2014 10:48 PM
    does anyone have any advice as far as why the data would be in both places, but not visibly present on my external card??
    10-27-2014 09:47 PM