So I have been looking up what it means to root and the pros and cons. I like the idea of being able to customize my phone mire But I'm worried that I might do something wrong and what if I don't like it can it be unrooted can you put it back to factory standards? And how?

Also what apps would I need to root it what wors best?

There are only a few things that I really want to change. Such as the shortcut keys and which apps can do the duel screen.

Can anyone help this neub
    10-21-2014 05:30 AM
    So I have been looking up what it means to root and the pros and cons. I like the idea of being able to customize my phone mire But I'm worried that I might do something wrong and what if I don't like it can it be unrooted can you put it back to factory standards? And how?

Also what apps would I need to root it what wors best?

There are only a few things that I really want to change. Such as the shortcut keys and which apps can do the duel screen.

Can anyone help this neub
    I'll leave what you CAN do up to those better equipped to advise, but I rooted my G3, and, once I'd mucked around with it for a few days, got bored. I then found out that my Sky TV streaming app. wouldn't work rooted so undid it all and went back to stock.

I hear that rooting is very much worth it if your phone has a lot of pre-installed carrier bloat-ware that you want to un-install, but that wasn't an issue for me on O2/UK.
    10-21-2014 05:43 AM
    If you have to ask these questions and unsure about how to even begin and unsure about the benefits, then I think you should not. Also you don't need root to customize Android devices, just customize it.
    10-21-2014 11:45 AM
    As someguy said, you can customize your phone so far that its own mother wouldn't recognize it without rooting. The only reason to root a phone is so that you can run apps that need root access. Install a different launcher, different wallpaper and a different theme (different icons) and the phone will look completely different. And you won't void the warranty or risk bricking the phone, the way you would if you root the phone. (Anyone have any good dark Halloween wallpaper? I'm still looking.)
    10-21-2014 10:14 PM