Lg G3 or m8?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm partial to the M8 and is what I have now. The processor on the G3 isn't much faster, and the higher resolution display will take more of that resource to run. Same goes for Ram. You can get 3 GB in the G3, which may help, but again the display will use more than the M8. That may be a wash, but no question I wouldn't want to try that display on the 2 GB Ram version of the G3 as games advance. If you don't play games or watch much 4K video, that might not be a much of a concern for you. For me it is and 1080p is plenty of resolution on these size screens, so I'll stick with the device that uses less resources at the system level. I'll also take front facing stereo speakers over a mono rear speaker any day.

The camera is a touchy subject. On one hand, everyone harps on the M8's lower resolution. On the other, people rave about the clarity. I think it comes down to personal use. Not simply what you want, but how you'll actually use it. If you only post photos to social media sites or view them on the phone, the M8 is fine. More so with the ability to use the duo cam effects. If you want to zoom, crop, and print large photos, then you'll want the G3. There is a photo thread in the M8 forum here, and possibly one in the G3 forum if you want to compare.

I'm a fairly heavy user, so I personally don't get the greatest battery life on my M8. From what I've read, most people seem to be very pleased with the battery life. I don't know how it compares to the G3, but that wasn't one of my concerns since I always have a charger handy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital