How can I get the content of S Planner to transfer from my old S2 to my new S5?

Rosemary Thompson

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I have just got a new Samsung S5 and got all data transferred from my S2 but the S Planner content won't transfer across. I used Smart Switch to send it from one phone to the other & it looked like it was being sent but the calendar on my S5 is empty apart from birthdays from my facebook account. I have all my work shifts in the calendar and don't want to be carrying 2 phones. Any suggestions, in layman's terms please :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First let's check that you are displaying the Calendars correctly. Go to your Calendar app and hit the menu button. There, select CALENDARS and make sure the one you want to see has a check mark next to it.

If everything is ticked off, then your data might not have synced correctly. In that case, go back to your S2 and check that your calendar is, in fact, being synced to an account, either Samsung's or Google's. You might have had your Calendar stuff stored locally onto the device, in which case you'd have to export it manually.

Rosemary Thompson

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
My S5 is set up ok, all calendars are selected but on my S2, there are only 2 calendars, one of them my gmail account and the other My Calendar. How can I check that the S2 calendar is linked to an account? The phone doesn't have a sim or sd card now, so the calendar seems to be stored on the phone memory. I've tried using Kies to upload the s planner from a backup & I tried smart switch but the content is not transferring to the S5 calendar.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. If your appointments in your S2 are stored in the MY CALENDAR then yeah, those are not syncing to the cloud, those are just stored in your phone. You can tap on an event and it should say which calendar the event is stored in.

Unfortunately I don't have an S2 around and don't really remember IF it did have an 'export' option. I also found this in another forum:
After many investigations, I didn't succeed to export using kies or directly.
BUT, I succeed to do it with some app: iCal Import/Export 2.2
It's possible to choose Samsung Calendar, export it to the local storage, and then switch to Google Calendar and import it.
It did it perfectly...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. If your appointments in your S2 are stored in the MY CALENDAR then yeah, those are not syncing to the cloud, those are just stored in your phone. You can tap on an event and it should say which calendar the event is stored in.

Unfortunately I don't have an S2 around and don't really remember IF it did have an 'export' option. I also found this in another forum:
After many investigations, I didn't succeed to export using kies or directly.
BUT, I succeed to do it with some app: iCal Import/Export 2.2
It's possible to choose Samsung Calendar, export it to the local storage, and then switch to Google Calendar and import it.
It did it perfectly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC