Couple general questions (Blur vs Stock) etc.

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm just wondering a few things and hope someone can answer them. I've never used the Android "stock OS" - only the X's "Blured" version and I'm wondering the differences of a few things.

1) The account manager on the X is nice, but am wondering if the Stock Android manager is different? (Where you add all your accounts for facebook, etc). I'm wondering this because app's like Twitter I can tell it not to sync contacts, but with Facebook I don't have that option. There are 2 ways to add a twitter account in the account manager - 1 you can add it via one icon which opens up the actual twitter app, or 2 you can hit another icon which signs you in to Blur's social network app. With Facebook however there are 2 icons in the account manager - the real Facebook one will do nothing when you select it, so I must sign into the Blur social network app - which doesn't allow me to change any sync options. Also the Facebook app does not give the option to not sync contacts.

2) Is there anything taken out of the Stock Android OS with the Blurred version on the X?

Thanks folks for reading.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Stock android has all of those things I believe, I don't know what you mean by account manager but all those social networking sites have apps on the market and there are apps on the market that can aggregate all your social stuff.

To see stock android just look up some YouTube about the nexus one or cyanogen mod.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO