Hi All,

I have an SIII GT-I19300

My phone's response time is very slow. When i want to read a message or when i open an email or go to my galary.

Could someone assist with a step by step process to speed things up a bit. I tried to reboot by swithing off and waiting a few secods but no good. I also try to go to Developer options under Settings but i am unable to locate it.

Tnx
    10-23-2014 09:22 AM
    You have to unhide the Developer options by going into Settings, About phone, and tap on the "build number" about 7 times, see this .
    Normally, on other phones, in Developer options, you can enable ART mode, which is the new runtime for Android, it speed things up and make the phone smoother overall, but I believe it is not available for Samsung phones on KitKat yet. I don't know if Samsung will update the SIII to Android 5.0 or not, which ART run as default in. While in Developers options, you can also lower the animation speed from 1x to 0.5x. I don't recommend messing with any other options if you don't know what you're doing.

You should go into Settings -> Apps, go in the ALL tab, and disable every apps that you don't use, so they won't launch and run the background at all. You don't want to disable essential ones that will interfere with the phones function. See here for the lists of apps: Bloatware List [Explained] | T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4 | XDA Forums, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

It is also a good thing to turn off all the Touchwiz features that you don't use.

Lastly, you can install Google Now launcher, it is much more responsive than Touchwiz. Nova Launcher is another good option if you want more customization.

Also if you have apps running in the background, you should clear your recent apps list from time to time.

If you don't want to deal with all these in the future, get a Nexus or Motorola.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-23-2014 10:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also try wiping the cache partition: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    10-23-2014 11:16 AM