After I have downloaded some apps, if I want to delete apps I do not wish to accidentally delete the default apps.

1. How to know what apps are downloaded by me and what apps are default apps that are in my Samsung S4?

2. If I accidentally delete the default apps e.g. Camera, Settings, My Files, Gallery, Calculator, Voice Recorder. in my Samsung Galaxy S4, how can I get the app back?
    10-25-2014 01:28 AM
    To answer your first question. When you go to the Google play store, and on the top left press and open the menu, select "my apps" that will show you "installed" apps and if you swipe to the right it will show "all" that's every app you've ever downloaded.

Not sure on the second question. Sorry.

Posted via the Android Central App
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-25-2014 02:56 AM
    You can't delete your default apps except if you are rooted. Also in settings/apps there is a tab that you can see the apps that you have download them
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-25-2014 03:56 AM
    What happens if you long tap the default apps e.g. Camera, Settings, My Files, Gallery, Calculator, Voice Recorder icon and drag it to the [remove]? screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ZEbiw8i.png
    10-25-2014 05:39 AM
    To answer your first question. When you go to the Google play store, and on the top left press and open the menu, select "my apps" that will show you "installed" apps and if you swipe to the right it will show "all" that's every app you've ever downloaded.
    This does not make sense.

The "installed" tab shows all the apps installed in my phone. These are not installed by me. These are already installed since the day I bought the phone.

The "all" tab shows all the apps installed in my phone. These are not installed by me. These are already installed since the day I bought the phone.
    10-25-2014 05:44 AM
    In the "all" tab every app you've ever bought and downloaded is in there. It will say next to the apps name if it's installed.

The "installed" shows you which are currently installed on your device.

acsurfer likes this.
    10-25-2014 06:08 AM
    In the "all" tab every app you've ever bought and downloaded is in there. It will say next to the apps name if it's installed.

The "installed" shows you which are currently installed on your device.

Ok thanks, but that does not answer my question 1.

I did not download any apps yet. And the first day I got the phone, "all" and "installed" tab show many apps in the phone.
    10-25-2014 07:30 AM
    Go to play store and search "system apps" by ljmobile. Install and open. All preinstalled apps are listed. Will also give a recommendation on whether to keep or delete. Before deleting make a backup. Also disable app beforehand to see if it affects anything else. Preinstalled apps really don't use alot of memory. I just freeze them.

Verizon gs4 rooted and still learning
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-25-2014 09:00 AM
    Go to play store and search "system apps" by ljmobile. Install and open. All preinstalled apps are listed. Will also give a recommendation on whether to keep or delete. Before deleting make a backup. Also disable app beforehand to see if it affects anything else. Preinstalled apps really don't use alot of memory. I just freeze them.

Verizon gs4 rooted and still learning
    Did you mean this "System app uninstaller" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ile.system.app ? It requires root. I did not root.
    10-25-2014 10:13 PM
    2. If I accidentally delete the default apps e.g. Camera
    Camera FV-5 Lite is better than the stock camera app.

Settings
    As far as I know, only by reflashing the ROM.

My Files
    ES File Explorer or Total Commander among other file managers.

Gallery
    I prefer QuickPic to Gallery.

Calculator
    There are tons of free calculators on the Play Store.

Voice Recorder
    Same thing - quite a few free voice recorder apps.

Of course, reflashing the stock ROM will get you back all the apps (but back up everything first, because it'll give you an out-of-the-box phone - all your pictures, videos, etc. will be gone. And any contacts that are Phone or Device contacts will be too, so export your contacts. Back up your apps if you don't want to wait for them to download again. Use Helium if you want to back up the data for any app. Back up your texts (although they should resync, but better safe than sorry, and SMS Backup & Restore is free).
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-25-2014 10:32 PM
    After I have downloaded some apps, if I want to delete apps I do not wish to accidentally delete the default apps.

1. How to know what apps are downloaded by me and what apps are default apps that are in my Samsung S4?

2. If I accidentally delete the default apps e.g. Camera, Settings, My Files, Gallery, Calculator, Voice Recorder. in my Samsung Galaxy S4, how can I get the app back?
    To answer your first question. When you go to settings → general → application manager, there are different tabs. One of is "downloaded", the other one is "all". " Downloaded" apps are obviously the ones that have been downloaded by you; and "all" apps include the stock apps as well.

About the apps in your play store, "installed" apps are the ones that are on your device, no matter if downloaded by you or otherwise. "All' apps shows all the apps that you have ever downloaded on any of your devices with this google account.
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-26-2014 12:20 AM
    What happens if you long tap the default apps e.g. Camera, Settings, My Files, Gallery, Calculator, Voice Recorder icon and drag it to the [remove]? screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ZEbiw8i.png
    This is only to delete shortcut from home screen. The only available choice you have if you aren't rooted is uninstall any update, you can't delete any default apk. Did you find it from settings/app/downloaded?
    And also are you rooted or not?
    acsurfer likes this.
    10-26-2014 02:08 AM
    This is only to delete shortcut from home screen. The only available choice you have if you aren't rooted is uninstall any update, you can't delete any default apk. Did you find it from settings/app/downloaded?
    And also are you rooted or not?
    That screenshot is not delete shortcut from home screen, although it looks the same. I am not rooted. settings>app manager>downloaded does not show default apps e.g. Camera, Settings, My Files, Gallery, Calculator, Voice Recorder.

Click on the apps icon (a square icon made up of 16 small white squares in S4) first, now you are inside your apps, if you press and hold any app (e.g. Camera, Settings, My Files, Gallery, Calculator, Voice Recorder), you will see the same home screen (screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ZEbiw8i.png ). I thought dragging the app icon into the [remove] trash can icon will remove the app?
    10-26-2014 05:18 AM
    About the apps in your play store, "installed" apps are the ones that are on your device, no matter if downloaded by you or otherwise. "All' apps shows all the apps that you have ever downloaded on any of your devices with this google account.
    "All" apps also show apps not downloaded by me, apps that are already inside my phone since the first day. e.g. Youtube, Gmail, Dropbox, Samsung Hub, Tripadvisor, Flipboard,...
    10-26-2014 05:28 AM
    That screenshot is not delete shortcut from home screen, although it looks the same. I am not rooted. settings>app manager>downloaded does not show default apps e.g. Camera, Settings, My Files, Gallery, Calculator, Voice Recorder.

Click on the apps icon (a square icon made up of 16 small white squares in S4) first, now you are inside your apps, if you press and hold any app (e.g. Camera, Settings, My Files, Gallery, Calculator, Voice Recorder), you will see the same home screen (screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ZEbiw8i.png ). I thought dragging the app icon into the [remove] trash can icon will remove the app?
    I said settings/app manager/downloaded will show the apks that you have downloaded and system apks that you have updated...neither way when in your settings/app manager you press in a system app like camera for example you will not have the option to uninstall the apk but to downgrade it...so since your not rooted you you don't have to be afraid of uninstalling system apps. If you just want to just see what are your system apps others already have answered it...
    10-26-2014 05:31 AM
    If you CAN delete it, it's not a crucial system app. Those are locked down.
    10-26-2014 09:49 AM
    If you CAN delete it, it's not a crucial system app. Those are locked down.
    Not if the phone is rooted. You can even remove Linux from a rooted phone (which, of course, leaves you with a pocket warmer, not a phone).
    10-26-2014 01:35 PM
    Not if the phone is rooted. You can even remove Linux from a rooted phone (which, of course, leaves you with a pocket warmer, not a phone).
    He already said that he is not rooted that's why he respond like this
    gone down south likes this.
    10-26-2014 04:43 PM
    He already said that he is not rooted that's why he respond like this
    My bad, I missed that part of that post.
    10-27-2014 12:10 AM