Sometimes (most of the time) when I send a picture message, the picture won't show up for the recipient. It says the message was sent but the other person only gets a black box with an x or something like that.
    My boyfriend has the same exact phone as me (samsung galaxy s5) but when I send him a picture I took or a screenshot, he only gets a black box.
    Is there a way to fix this? :/
    10-26-2014 01:39 AM
    Sometimes (most of the time) when I send a picture message, the picture won't show up for the recipient. It says the message was sent but the other person only gets a black box with an x or something like that.
    My boyfriend has the same exact phone as me (samsung galaxy s5) but when I send him a picture I took or a screenshot, he only gets a black box.
    Is there a way to fix this? :/
    Make sure that both devices are fully updated by going into system settings - about phone - software updates. If that's not working, then check the settings to compress mms of too large. There should be something in the settings of the messaging app.
    10-26-2014 02:34 AM
    I didn't see anything like that in the settings. But I'll keep looking. Thanks!
    10-26-2014 02:29 PM
    Search for the maximum mms size for <your carrier> (or call them and ask). A picture larger than that size will either be compressed (badly) or not sent at all, depending on the carrier. If the text with the link to the picture is sent (that's how a picture is actually sent), but the picture isn't, and there's just a blank, zero-size file sitting there, the recipient will get a blank "picture".
    10-26-2014 02:50 PM