I've got quite a few DVDs/Blu Rays that contain digital copies and would like them on my SD card as my phone only has 16GB of storage. To the best of my knowledge if I download them via the PlaysEverywhere app, I can't transfer them to my SD card? (my Z3 isn't rooted or anything like that). Is there anyway of downloading it and getting it on my SD card? From what I can see on Sony MediaGo, there's no way of importing the film using that
    10-26-2014 08:24 AM
    Connect the phone to the computer. It should show up as another drive. Open that drive and you should see Phone and Card. Drag the movie file to the card.
    10-26-2014 01:36 PM
    Connect the phone to the computer. It should show up as another drive. Open that drive and you should see Phone and Card. Drag the movie file to the card.
    The only way to get my film onto the Android is via PlaysAnywhere and It won't let me copy the films onto my SD card as I can't write onto there from an external app. Frustrating that I own a lot of films with digital copies and I can't actually do anything with them as I haven't got space on my phone. Have I any options that don't involve rooting?
    10-26-2014 05:49 PM
    The only way to get my film onto the Android is via PlaysAnywhere and It won't let me copy the films onto my SD card as I can't write onto there from an external app.
    When the SD card is connected to the computer, you can copy any file to the SD card, as long as it fits. (If the file on the CD has DRM protection, and only copies with a particular app, that's another matter - but the SD card is still a drive, so it should copy to it.) Rooting the phone has no effect on the SD card, so it doesn't make any difference whether the phone is rooted or not - since by connecting the card to the computer, you aren't using the phone.

(BTW, any app can create a folder and copy files to it, or copy files to the root of the SD card. It just can't copy files to a folder that another app created.)
    10-27-2014 12:08 AM