Dead bugdroid displayed after update? Phone won't turn on. Please Help!

heather-amelia

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I have an Xperia M and i've gone through the procedure asked for the update, it got half way, then displayed the bugdroid warning (on its back, chest open with a nice big red exclamation triangle)
Now it won't turn on, it just displays the dead bugdroid.

Help.
I am terrible with tech... so please be gentle.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an Xperia M and i've gone through the procedure asked for the update, it got half way, then displayed the bugdroid warning (on its back, chest open with a nice big red exclamation triangle)
Now it won't turn on, it just displays the dead bugdroid.

Help.
I am terrible with tech... so please be gentle.

Contact the manufacturer and see if they can help. It may require a replacement or repair. Try and provide as much information as possible, such as battery percentage, wifi or data to download and update, etc.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it was an over the air update (you didn't download a file and use something to update the phone with it), the carrier is responsible for the fix or replacement. Just bring it to their service center and tell them that the phone stopped in the middle of an over the air update. Be polite, but remember - legally they're responsible for making the phone work or replacing it. (They'll usually just reflash the ROM. The unfortunate thing is that you lose all your apps and data. If you're lucky they can reflash just the update and you won't lose anything.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke