Upgraded to Note 4 from S3. Cannot find the auto-fit option for the browser to properly render a web page to the display. I read the news on the train from several sites and would prefer not to pinch / zoom and/or move from left to right... I have 15 days before I can return the Note 4 and go for the Iphone 6 plus, which I'm sure would not have this issue. Tried Chrome, opera mini, firefox, explorer.
    10-27-2014 10:33 AM
    Define "properly fit". Show the entire page, even if it's in 0.01 point type and you can't read it? Show it just large enough so you can read it, even if the entire page doesn't fit on the screen? There's no "proper" that fits everyone here - everyone has his or her own idea of what properly displaying a web page on a browser means.
    10-27-2014 02:00 PM
    Properly fit. Simple definition; render the page or should I say text of the article just like the S3 did running 4.4.2. Currently on Note 4 running 4.4.4, I need to swipe text side to side to read the sentences. There was an 'auto fit' option in advanced setting to the browser that no longer seems available. Not sure what the point type was, didn't really care, important fact was that text fit on the screen that did not require a side to side swipe to view and follow the story with whatever size font was selected. Select an article from your favorite news source, can you read the article without performing finger gymnastics?
    10-27-2014 02:27 PM
    Just to add to prior post, I believe the term I was looking for was 'wrapping'. Browser or whatever wrapped the sentence to a new line so as to maintain the entire sentence on the screen without constantly reshaping the screen (pinch/zoom). All that was required was scrolling DOWN thru the article. Am I the only one that finds this tedious?
    10-27-2014 02:38 PM
    I don't remember where I saw this, but I read an article that Android was removing the word wrapping function (I think they called it re-flow). It sounded like it was a system level control, meaning that even 3rd party browsers that should have the option would also be prevented from doing so. Something about Google trying to force/convince sites to become more mobile friendly.
    10-27-2014 04:43 PM