Email sync - Messages not being deleted from phone

Cubs Win

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently activated a Moto X (2013 model running Kit Kat 4.4.4) and enabled email sync using an IMAP server. I also have a desktop PC and laptop PC that both connect and sync with that same IMAP server.

When I delete a message on the phone, it syncs properly and removes that same message from both PC's. When I delete a message on either PC, it removes it from the other PC, but the problem is that it does not remove the message from my phone.

Am I missing something about how email sync works on Android? When I delete an email from the IMAP server, why isn't it deleting from the email client on my phone? Is there another setting somewhere that I need to change?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you delete a message on an IMAP account, it should delete from the server. No client looking at that server should see the email any more. That's what the book says. Many email administrators don't set the server up according to the book. (I've been deleting the same emails on one account every day for about a week now - they keep redownloading, even though they shouldn't be on the server to be downloaded.)