Since my Samsung S4 M919 was upgraded to the KIT KAT 4.4.2 I now hate my phone?.. whats the sense of have a phone with capability of external memory card and cant use it. i cant store anything to it even via USB cable? what is really happening? can someone help with this please?
    10-28-2014 10:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Give this article a read: KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central
    10-28-2014 11:10 AM
    To make a long read short, you can save to the card itself, just not to a folder that the app you're using to save didn't create. (IOW, if you're using ES File Explorer to move apps to the SD card, it has to be to a folder you created using ES File Explorer - after you updated to KitKat.) Only the owner of a folder (and root) can write to the folder.

Basically what they did is, even though the SD card has no more security than a Windows SD card, in an Android phone it has the security of a Linux card. (You can still save any file anywhere if you plug the card into a Windows computer.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-29-2014 04:01 PM
    Since my Samsung S4 M919 was upgraded to the KIT KAT 4.4.2 I now hate my phone?.. whats the sense of have a phone with capability of external memory card and cant use it. i cant store anything to it even via USB cable? what is really happening? can someone help with this please?
    You can use My Files (you may have to install it if not already installed) to access your SD card. If you want to move say image files to the SD card create a folder then go back to the file(s) on your internal storage and select each one you want to move then choose move. You then open the SD card and select the folder you want to save them to.

Some apps are also movable to the SD card.. settings-application manager-then pick which app you want to move. If move to SD card is greyed out it is not movable..
    10-29-2014 08:55 PM