Could my carrier be blocking Clockworkmod Tether?

Rylee curra

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Clockworkmod Tether. Need the connect to an open server on Steam

The convenace of this app makes it easy for me to have internet every were i go and being an admin for a game on steam I wouldn't mind being able to connect to it. Unfortunately every time I try i can not see any of the open servers that are running. My connection on this app is fine and I can stream Netfix just fine when I'am at the cabin but when I go to this game it dose not let the data to it. I have turn off the firewall but did not resolve it and i have cheeked the Wifi setting for my home connection and mirrored the Tether connection to match. All setting under the network and sharing on my PC should be the same for all except the IP DSN and other individual codes. Is it something my carrier would block coming thru?

I have no idea what is causing it but it would be a happy day if someone could get me more input ether to research or theorys of why this could happen.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Clockworkmod Tether. Need the connect to an open server on Steam

Your carrier can - and probably does - block tethering unless you pay for a tethering account. It doesn't matter which app you use, the blocking is done because of the tethering, they have no idea which app is doing it. (If it looks like a non-phone connection, it's blocked.)

Theory of why? Because they make more money by charging you to tether.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech