How do I fix email app on Galaxy Tab 3?

Spacemagnet

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm asking this on behalf of my mother who is a complete technophobe and lives in another country so I've been trying to solve this via Skype very unsuccessfully. I personally don't know my way around Samsung products so well, so I need your help.

Her emails have been set up using an Outlook address that she has accessed via the email app with no problems until last week. Since then it now opens to a frozen page showing her folders. Nothing can be opened or logged out of. It's just one page and nothing is moving.

I appreciate any help at all.
Thanks,
Jo

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Tell her to go to the System Settings, then App Manager, and select the Email app. Now tap Clear Cache, then Force Stop. Reopen the Email app, and see if it works. If it still freezes, go back to the App Manager, and this time tap Clear Data--but this might mean she has to set up the email account again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the Email app completely frozen, or is it only the folders and emails that can't be open? Does the Menu button work in the Email app? If so, she could try removing the email account, then adding it back, if that isn't too complex a process.

Has she already tried rebooting the tablet? If so, then also try booting into Recovery and wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 | T-Mobile Support

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy