Hello !

I have a Samsung Smart TV, and I can cast via my Android phone (xperia z3) all kinds of stuff via AllCast (android app), and from a personal Serviio server on my pc, and even with the Youtube android app on my phone to the TV.

But the cast button won't show up on google music...

I tried :
    - Erasing the google music cache
    - Uninstallation and reinstallation of Google Music

The button does show up when the AllCast app is running in the background (nothing happens though when I press it, it just searches forever a device to connect to). So it seems to me that this is a Google Music bug, especially since Youtube does work, and the button kinda shows up with AllCast.

Or is it ?

Happened to anybody else ?

Thanks !
    10-29-2014 02:18 PM
    This doesn't help you much, but just so you know it's not a universal issue, I have no problem casting from the Play Music app. Have you rebooted your phone and rebooted the Chromecast since this started?

Also, maybe the Allcast app is interfering. Try uninstalling that temporarily.
    Synthr4x likes this.
    10-29-2014 03:01 PM
    Tried removing AllCast, same issue.

I forgot to mention I don't use the Chromecast, my TV has wifi.
    And for the record, running allcast in the background doesn't screw up Youtube's casting ability.
    10-29-2014 04:13 PM
    Tried removing AllCast, same issue.

I forgot to mention I don't use the Chromecast, my TV has wifi.
    And for the record, running allcast in the background doesn't screw up Youtube's casting ability.
    Oh, well that explains it. You can't cast Play Music to a smart TV. You need a Chromecast for that.
    10-29-2014 04:21 PM
    Oh, that's interesting...

I figured since Youtube did it without a problem, it would be the same for google music.
    Well, that sucks.

Thanks anyway.
    10-29-2014 04:24 PM
    Oh, that's interesting...

I figured since Youtube did it without a problem, it would be the same for google music.
    Well, that sucks.

Thanks anyway.
    That's because YouTube had apps on the various Smart devices before Chromecast existed and worked with the manufacturers to get the app to work with their devices. So when they developed the DIAL protocol to cast with the Chromecast, YouTube integrated it into their app and you could cast to smart devices with Youtube.

I don't know if Google will open up their Play apps to other smart devices but right now it's an incentive for people to buy a CC or a new nexus player I guess.
    Synthr4x likes this.
    10-29-2014 04:32 PM