How to record music from Android 4.4 Phablet's FM radio?
    I have a generic phablet running Android 4.4, which features what seems to be an analog FM tuner, you get the station by its bandwidth, like, "92.3 FM". It does play HD radio.
    Usually I like to listen to radio stations by streaming on the web, as I can then use software to record music as it is streaming, whenever I like the song.
    On this phablet, I listen to a particular FM station thru the FM radio because that station does not stream live music, on its own website. Is there a way to record music from that station, when playing it thru the radio on the phablet? How?

Here is a screenshot,
    How to record music from Android 4.4 Phablet's FM radio?-screenshot_2014-10-31-23-27-13.png

can you tell me what the icons at the top mean?
    P.S. I tried to answer after the last message, but found no "Reply" button to use today, I could only edit this original post, to further the discussion. Thanks
    10-31-2014 02:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's probably not possible. I couldn't find any kind of universal recorder for radio on Google Play. The apps that are available are either internet radio apps or are specific for certain devices, like Samsung devices. Since you have an off-brand device, it's very unlikely that anyone would design a recorder specifically for that device, assuming the radio app doesn't have the function to begin with.
    10-31-2014 03:34 AM
    Thanks for your answer. Maybe the app allows it already, but I'm totally new to Android and don't know what the icons on the top of the screen mean. I looked into the main Android guide but what I need is a gallery of standard icons used in Android apps and what they are for, but I could not find that.
    I could take a screenshot of the radio app, is it possible to upload images into posts on this forum? How?
    10-31-2014 04:16 AM
    On most Android devices, you can take a screenshot by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down together for about half a second. Then post a screenshot as described here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html
    oidfevr likes this.
    10-31-2014 04:33 AM
    You can also plug the android earphone jack into a computer line-in jack and use one of the computer's programs to record the audio. If you use a headphone splitter, you can have headphones plugged in at the same time.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-31-2014 02:41 PM
    On most Android devices, you can take a screenshot by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down together for about half a second. Then post a screenshot as described here: ...
    actually, for taking screenshots my phablet has an icon next to the home icon, so that was a snap. As for uploading it, I looked for it in the file manager, copied it to my OTG USB flash drive, plugged that into my Windows PC (sorry, newbie for Android ) and into this forum, there was the link to upload. That was what i was asking for, as I did not know if there was a direct upload link, or if the user had to create a live link to an image saved outside of the forum. It is great that the forum accepts uploading images
    11-02-2014 12:18 AM
    You can also plug the android earphone jack into a computer line-in jack and use one of the computer's programs to record the audio. If you use a headphone splitter, you can have headphones plugged in at the same time.
    practically that is possible, (I could do it from a regular radio that way too), but in this case, it would mean downgrading the digital signal by going thru analog... not my purpose...
    11-02-2014 12:22 AM
    Is there a gallery/dictionary of icons used by Android OS and Android apps? Even the icons in this forum are new to me...

OK here is a detail of the icons in my phablet's radio app; it seems to me that the one which looks like 2 circles joined by a line at the bottom reminds me of a tape reel, so is it supposed to be a record button?

Please tell me what each of these icons is ?

How to record music from Android 4.4 Phablet's FM radio?-radio_app_icons_.png

Thanks!
    11-02-2014 12:33 AM
    No, that reel-to-reel icon means you have a voicemail you haven't listened to yet. All of those icons in that top row are notification icons, and don't necessarily have to do with the Radio app. The image you posted is really small, so it's a bit hard to make out the other icons. The triangle with the exclamation mark is a system alert.

You can see more details of those notifications by swiping down from the top of the screen.

Icons can differ somewhat from manufacturer to manufacturer, but here's a reference for the Galaxy S5: http://galaxys5manual.com/android-icons-meaning/
    11-02-2014 01:58 AM
    To record music on Android FM Radios, tap the button How to record music from Android 4.4 Phablet's FM radio?-screenshot_2015-02-18-19-29-48.png at the top-right corner of FM Radio app and then select "Record FM". To know what the buttons are in the applications, long-press the buttons and then it will show what that button mean.

More menu buttons
    How to record music from Android 4.4 Phablet's FM radio?-screenshot_2015-02-18-19-30-21.png
    02-18-2015 06:42 AM
    Those are status bar icons.
    02-18-2015 06:44 AM
    And what is your "generic" phablet? My personal experience: Every producer makes its UNIQUE phablet even based on GENERIC operating system.
    04-15-2016 05:28 AM
    Sir/madam, your statement raises an issue: why to buy a modern Android device if this doesn't work similarly as PC-based "plug-in" assemble. And, fortunately, I didn't sell my quite older firmware-based Samsung GT-S5220 Star 3 that is able to record an analogue FM into audio m4a files.
    04-15-2016 05:52 AM
    to LR G (did not see where to quote your message)
    thanks very much for this post. I had lost my account info and just got back in...
    05-17-2016 07:56 PM
    to Karel Vydra (did not see where to quote your message):
    sorry I don't know, it crashed and I lost track of it
    05-17-2016 07:58 PM