How do I permanetly remove farm slots on my tablet?

madclocker

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting "farm slots" on my tablet and can't get rid of it

I just bought this tablet and installed Candy Crush saga, and gin rummy and also tried Killshot but I never got it running, as it would crash while loading weapons, and after I installed the last one (killshot) I keep getting popup adds that take over the entire screen, and I have to wait for it to load, and hit the "X" on the upper right, and half the time it will shut off my browser which is usually FireFox.
I have deleted all the games even did a factory reset, and the adds are still there and keep taking over and I cannot get anything done on the net..as I get these popups every couple mins or everytime I click on a link. I have to assume that it has to be in the google cloud because as soon as I reset my tablet and got the wifi setup at the location, I got a popup for Clash of Clans or some other game that I do not care about. and I keep removing the "farm slots" icon from my home screen, after a reboot, the icon will be there again.
Do I have to sue someone to get rid of this malware crap? I do not have the mysterious "network" in my app list.. I have adobe flash player 11,airpush detector(which does nothing), com.example.videotest ( <have no clue what it is),Dragonfire v2.2,Dragonphone,Google Play Books,Google Play srvices,Google Play Store, Firefox,Gin Rummy free,and Addblock plus Kaspersky edition. That's it. Do I need to root my tablet to get rid of this nonsense? I cannot get anything done on the lnternet with my tablet which is why I bought it. I am about ready to toss the tablet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I keep getting "farm slots" on my tablet and can't get rid of it

Welcome to Android Central! Which tablet do you have?

When you do a factory reset, it will often reinstall all of your apps automatically when you set the device back up, which could reinstall the annoying adware again. Go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck "Automatically Restore" before doing the factory reset. Then when you set the device back up, install apps one by one to see if or when the ads pop up again.

Alternatively, you could boot into Safe Mode, which prevents all 3rd party apps from starting up until you open them. On most Android devices, you can get to Safe Mode by pressing and holding Power until the Power menu comes up, then press and hold the Power Off option until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Then tap Ok. In Safe Mode, open apps one by one, and see if any of them trigger the ad popups. You can get out of Safe Mode by rebooting normally.

Sarah Moya

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: I keep getting "farm slots" on my tablet and can't get rid of it

Oh man I am having the same issue and I deleted so much trying to fix it and messed my tablet up. I cant get past the bootup screen anymore and cannot find help for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith