08-26-2018 09:46 PM
27 12
tools
    Recently I started getting popups on my phone that send me straight to the Google play store, specifically to the zynga poker download page. I searched the issue, but all the results relate to people getting popups from the zynga app itself. To be clear, i don't have, nor have I ever downloaded any of the zynga games.

Are these popups just the new wave of ads that are coming from the websites I visit, or are they being generated by a certain app? I downloaded air push detector and it didn't detect any problems.

Htc one m8, just downloaded the recent update, and i browse with chrome.
    11-02-2014 07:45 AM
    I've been having the same problem on Galaxy S4 on Verizon.
    It's been happening intermittently for weeks. Just hit a friend's yelp post and sent me to google playstore.
    I did a search and found your post. Hopefully someone will have a solution.
    11-02-2014 05:05 PM
    For the record, as far as I remember I was on chefknivestogo.com forums when I got em.
    11-03-2014 04:55 AM
    It could be related to a website, or it could be adware that installed alongside some other app.

Go to Settings>Apps>All, and select the browser that you usually use. Tap Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. If you're using Chrome, or something that syncs with Chrome, you may also have to clear your browsing history on your desktop Chrome browser, because it will otherwise sync back to your device's Chrome.

If that doesn't help, then try booting into Safe Mode (HTC One M8: Safe mode: HTC One (M8) | T-Mobile Support S4: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support), which prevents all 3rd party apps from starting up. You can then open apps one by one, waiting a while between each one, to see if and when the popups recur.
    11-03-2014 06:53 PM
    My bet would be that it's just a website opening a link to the play store. If you go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store and tap Clear Defaults you should see that it will prompt you to open the link in the Play Store or Chrome next time it comes up.
    11-04-2014 09:35 AM
    You should also be running a good antivirus program (I use Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus, but only because I use it on my computers) and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and have them running on different nights (they can take hours to run).
    11-04-2014 04:09 PM
    it didnt help for me

can someone help
    02-11-2015 12:23 PM
    Recently I started getting popups on my phone that send me straight to the Google play store, specifically to the zynga poker download page. I searched the issue, but all the results relate to people getting popups from the zynga app itself. To be clear, i don't have, nor have I ever downloaded any of the zynga games.

Are these popups just the new wave of ads that are coming from the websites I visit, or are they being generated by a certain app? I downloaded air push detector and it didn't detect any problems.

Ok so far going to google play and clearing the cache plus clearing the other google stuff plus clearing my chrome had been working. No more pop ups.
    06-30-2015 10:44 PM

I was having the same issue with my HTC M8 one after an update. Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators>Android Device Manager and deactivate it. If you read the little description before you click on Android Device Manager, it says it allows Google Play Store ads to pop up on your device. Once you deactivate it, it goes a way and there is no more PlayStore ads.
    07-20-2015 11:37 AM
    I figured out the app! It's your free music downloader. I removed mine and the pop ups disappeared. But I love free music so I reinstalled and now the pop ups are back. Can't decide which is worse: pop-up ads or paying for music. LOL
    Brigette Allen likes this.
    08-01-2015 01:30 AM
    I know simple MP3 downloader is one that does this pop up and I got rid of that and now I got another MP3 but it's doing same thing. I knew it would too as the set up is similar. Any brilliant free music sites have this pop up crap.
    11-02-2015 03:36 PM
    Ok I had the same problem, if you have Aptoide l, UNINSTALL IT. Secondly make an account for Lookout. Lookout should already be installed on your phone. Make the account and scan your phone. It should find a file (or many files) and ask you to uninstall it. If the file(s) it found just hame "" it's an unnamed file and just click uninstall. I believe now it will do a Deep Scan of the apps on your phone to find anything it missed. This worked like a charm on my phone and hopefully it will work for you too!
    06-30-2016 04:52 AM
    Probably installed an .apk with malware that pops up google Play Store. Just go to settings > apps > all, there should be either an application that you do not recognize or an application with no icon, click on it, if the uninstall button is greyed out, go to security > device administrators, you should see the exact app that had the installed button greyed with a check next to it, uncheck it, follow the first sequence in settings and uninstall the app. Problem Solved!
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    01-23-2017 10:00 PM
    I have the same problem in Samsung galaxy j2. When i am on an app it automatically redirects me to play store and shows too many ads. Its really irritating. Can anyone solve my problem.
    I am using chrome as my default browser and i pop ups are blocked in this and now i dont why what is causing the pop ups to come.
    02-12-2017 09:41 PM
    See if this guide helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...p-removal.html
    ChromeJob likes this.
    02-12-2017 11:18 PM
    I had the same problem and I downloaded clean master. It has an antivieus future which totally took care of the annoying pop ups.
    03-04-2017 06:58 AM
    Give Ghostery a try as web browser.

Malwarebytes has a good reputation and app, along with other excellent suggestions.
    03-04-2017 07:21 AM
    well i have the same problem but i solve it myself, well i use oneplus 3t .
    i got problem that popup ads send me to UC Browser and google playstore, (im using ucbrowser)
    to solve it , i try settings>apps>all , and i check everysingle of the all apps, there's 1 of app that have no icon , i uninstall it and it will sent u to device manager smth , just keep uninstall and then BOOM , its clear xD .
    hope it can help u guys
    07-08-2017 02:50 AM
    Even i am facing same issue on my Sony Aqua M4

The solution is use good anti virus in u r phone.

I had Clean Master (lite). After scanning with the inbuilt anti virus I found 1 malware (file creater) Simply delete and problem is solved at least for me.

My suggestion is either use u r antivirus to scan all your phone storage (internnal+external). If that dose not work try Clean Master. You can use either LITE or regular APK.
    08-31-2017 12:14 AM
    Even i am facing same issue on my Sony Aqua M4

The solution is use good anti virus in u r phone.

I had Clean Master (lite). After scanning with the inbuilt anti virus I found 1 malware (file creater) Simply delete and problem is solved at least for me.

My suggestion is either use u r antivirus to scan all your phone storage (internnal+external). If that dose not work try Clean Master. You can use either LITE or regular APK.
    I'm no genius, but I tried everything I could thru various sites.
    Nothing worked.
    Then this morning I went into my Google activity and saw that my spot light had turned on several times while I was asleep.
    Figured the light wasn't really coming on.....
    Any who, deleted that spot light app and ALL pop ups stopped.
    So checking your activity can possibly help find the culpret.
    10-07-2017 07:25 PM

I also keep getting this Google Play Update Pop upWhy are popups sending me to the Google Play store?-screenshot_20171017-120953.jpg
    It pops up after every few seconds! and is extremely annoying!! Don't know how to get rid of it. I have done a security check and my phone has not picked up any viruses or malware. I have even deleted any apps that I have recently downloaded that could have caused it but it still keeps popping up. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME GET RID OF THIS.
    10-17-2017 08:59 AM
    Malwarebytes couldn't even tell it was there. Not even it's safe mode did anything.
    01-30-2018 09:45 PM
    it didnt help for me

can someone help
    I installed the Kaspersky software and paid for the premium membership, still didn't work. Then, I tried to uninstall all suspicious apps. THEN, I forced stop my Chrome browser. I can't uninstall it, but it's not running anymore. I am now using the Opera Mini. So far, I haven't received those annoying pop-ups. Yesterday was a nightmare, even when the phone was idle, when I woke it up, the Play Store screen with random apps recommendation was on, it's like every 10 mins. Try this, it worked for me, I'm now less anxious, cuz the pop-ups were annoying and disturbing especially when I was reading something on the phone. Good luck!
    04-26-2018 04:54 AM
    I installed the Kaspersky software and paid for the premium membership, still didn't work. Then, I tried to uninstall all suspicious apps. THEN, I forced stop my Chrome browser. I can't uninstall it, but it's not running anymore. I am now using the Opera Mini. So far, I haven't received those annoying pop-ups. Yesterday was a nightmare, even when the phone was idle, when I woke it up, the Play Store screen with random apps recommendation was on, it's like every 10 mins. Try this, it worked for me, I'm now less anxious, cuz the pop-ups were annoying and disturbing especially when I was reading something on the phone. Good luck!
    I did same thing, but the pop up doesn't stop at all, only by disabling Play Store then it works. Please help
    05-25-2018 07:35 PM
    my theory is the Google is responsible. Google playstore is at fault.

I am trying disabling PlayStore, until I need an app.
    08-08-2018 10:40 PM
27 12