Hi there,

We're having SEVERE problems with our newest dog barking incessantly in her crate. I don't believe it'll be long before the neighbors complain. I'd like to try some sound effects left on in the room and see if that helps. She's VERY interested in my computer when it makes noises such as puppies yipping, wolves howling etc ...

I'd like to know if there's a way for me to plug in my tablet (just to keep the battery from draining out overnight) and play various sound effects and/or music all night long for her. I really don't want to spend money on a radio or cd player to accomplish this if I don't have to. I thought maybe there was a way to load up some kind of music player app with hours upon hours of sounds/music and let it play all night for her.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Deb
    11-05-2014 04:31 AM
    If you make a playlist of one file and play it on shuffle, it should keep repeating that file. As far as making the file, I'll leave that up to you - I don't have any spare puppies or wolves to make a file from.
    If you make a playlist of one file and play it on shuffle, it should keep repeating that file. As far as making the file, I'll leave that up to you - I don't have any spare puppies or wolves to make a file from.
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    11-06-2014 01:34 PM
    What app would I use? I don't do music on my phone or tablet so I don't have a clue.
    11-07-2014 06:04 AM
    I don't either. But I just tried in Music. (That may be Samsung bloat.) Play the file, then press the "A" with the arrows around it. That'll repeat the song forever (or until the battery dies).
    11-07-2014 03:50 PM
    Ok but how do you get new stuff into Music? I saved some mp3 sounds to Dropbox but can't figure out how to get them into Music.
    11-08-2014 02:05 PM
    Look for a Music folder. If you can't find one, create one. (It really doesn't matter - the Media Scan will pick up any media files, but looking for a music file that you forgot that you put into the Screenshots folder is a little frustrating.) I have an mp3 folder on my external SD card. In there, I have Ringtones, Alarms and Notifications folders (those names matter) and a Music folder for me to put music in. The song I tested this with (Elvira, if you're into the Oak Ridge Boys) is in there. You could make a Puppies or Wolves folder if you prefer.
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    11-09-2014 11:50 AM