Help: HTC Launcher Force Close - no phone access-Hero

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Updated family member's Hero software to ... ".571" (not the latest on posted on here where people are supposedly having problem.

Updated PRL and Profile.
Updated all apps (as this family member doesn't get how to watch that from time to time).
Deleted a few. Added only one silencer.

Phone was doing just fine - in fact, better as the software update was supposed to stop the "lag" in dialing.
Suggested they turn it off and then back on "just because."

After turning on, it can't get past "loading" message and HTC Sense Launch will only force close over and over. I notice that the apps are loading in the background that show up on the notification bar.
I can only use the phone by touching the green call button which bring up the call list and another way to access people.

Although the dashboard is visible when Launcher is trying to load, it does not work. Also, Menu does not work so I can't get to any settings.

I've already tried powering down and up including taking the battery out but with the same results.
Does anyone know the trick to fix this?

I desperately want to avoid ANOTHER reset of this phone. At this point I can't even do this in a simple manner.

I appreciate the help if you can offer it.

Laursaurus

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Updated family member's Hero software to ... ".571" (not the latest on posted on here where people are supposedly having problem.

Updated PRL and Profile.
Updated all apps (as this family member doesn't get how to watch that from time to time).
Deleted a few. Added only one silencer.

Phone was doing just fine - in fact, better as the software update was supposed to stop the "lag" in dialing.
Suggested they turn it off and then back on "just because."

After turning on, it can't get past "loading" message and HTC Sense Launch will only force close over and over. I notice that the apps are loading in the background that show up on the notification bar.
I can only use the phone by touching the green call button which bring up the call list and another way to access people.

Although the dashboard is visible when Launcher is trying to load, it does not work. Also, Menu does not work so I can't get to any settings.

I've already tried powering down and up including taking the battery out but with the same results.
Does anyone know the trick to fix this?

I desperately want to avoid ANOTHER reset of this phone. At this point I can't even do this in a simple manner.

I appreciate the help if you can offer it.
My Hero is doing this exact same thing! I can't get to the settings. And the HTC sense program doesn't show up in my Task Killer app either.
I'm ready to take the plunge and do a hard reset, but don't know how. Hopefully I can find out somewhere is this forum.
If you managed to fix this issue by yourself, could you please tell me how you did it?
I would be eternally grateful since this phone is basically worthless right now.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63