How do I know if my phone is rooted?

rachfree626

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
rooted phone??

I have just brought a Samsung galaxy s4 from eBay and I can't use the barcleys apps as its saying it's rooted. I know nothing about this so how can I get the apps? can I unroot the phone myself? Is it easy? Is rooted a bad thing? Or should I just send the phone back?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: rooted phone??

Rooted just means that you have administrative access to the Linux operating system that Android runs on. It's a good thing if you need it, it's not a bad thing if you don't.

Install Xposed Installer. Then install the RootCloak Module and set it to hide root from those apps.

kitemap

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: rooted phone??

Hello,
I'm in the same situation as rachfree. I have tried Rootcloak and it doesn't work with Barclays 'Pingit'. There are work arounds but far too indepth for me. If there are any other apps that do the same thing as Rootcloak and anybody has got them to work with pingit could they please post details?

Alternatively will this work? (you'll have to ignore my incorrect terminology but I hope you get what I mean):
The phone was originally locked to the Orange network.
The phone was rooted to get 'round the network lock.
I know I could set this back to the original Orange network and get over the rooted problem.
Problem is that I'm on O2.
Can I set the phone back to an original O2 network or totally unlocked but not rooted, so I can use Barclays app?

If so how would I do this?

Thank you

David

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad