I have a Galaxy S4…when I open internet on my phone and go to type in the search bar nothing happens… the key board doesn't pop up and tapping on the refresh icon also does nothing... I am sitting here looking stupid just tapping on the search bar in hopes that something will magically happen. I can send and receive emails and text as well as phone calls, and all my apps and widgets are working. I have never had any issues with this phone until today. Hopefully someone can help before I sprain my pointer finger or go Office Space on my phone!
    11-10-2014 11:00 AM
    One of the first things I uninstall or freeze on my Samsung phones is Internet. Atlas for speed, Firefox for add-ons, Chrome for sites written by idiots who think that as long as a site works on Chrome it's a good site. But Internet? About the only thing it has in its favor is that you don't have to spend 20 seconds downloading it - it comes installed. Everything else about it is worse than some other browser.

Try clearing the cache (Settings/General/Application manager/Internet/Clear cache). Try turning the phone off for a few seconds, then turning it back on. Then try downloading another web browser.
    11-10-2014 12:03 PM