I'm currently on Cricket and sometimes have trouble sending MMS messages to ATT users. I have 5 friends that are included in a group text and we send messages daily. By default grouping texts create MMS messages.

Here are the 6 users and setups:
    Me- Samsung s5 on cricket.
    User2- Samsung s5 on Att.
    User3- Samsung s4 on Att.
    User4- Samsung s4 on USCC
    User5- iPhone 5s on Verizon
    User6- iPhone 5c on verizon.

Photos taken with my phone go through to everyone but occasionally do not go to the 2 att friends. Screenshots go through to everyone except the att friends. I am able to receive all photos and Screenshots from all other users. When the att customers get a screenshot from me they get a message stating "One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your handset."

I googled this error and there are some threads that mention it but none that tell how to fix it. I've examined the attachments and every single one is less that 900kb in filesize.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A
    11-10-2014 12:18 PM
    "The AT&T mobile broadband network will deliver MMS (picture, video or audio) messages of up to 600 kilobytes (KB)."

Picture/Video Messaging - AT&T Wireless
    Rukbat likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:42 PM
    "The AT&T mobile broadband network will deliver MMS (picture, video or audio) messages of up to 600 kilobytes (KB)."

Picture/Video Messaging - AT&T Wireless
    I've read both 600kb and 1mb being tossed around as att mms limits. But this still doesn't make sense. I just went back and looked at all of the pictures I've sent. All were over 600kb. Most being around 800 and the majority of them went through fine. Very rare does a picture fail to send. It seems screenshots are what normally fail. And they too are around 800kb.

Another thing that throws a kink into the story is that the att customers receive pictures from the USCC and Verizon customers. And they are larger Than 600kb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A
    11-10-2014 12:53 PM
    AT&T will, at their discretion, dump MMS files over 600KB, so it makes perfect sense that some 900KB files didn't get through.

Cricket uses AT&T's servers to store the MMS files on. USCC uses USCC's servers. Verizon uses Verizon's servers (and their limit is 1.2MB). It's the sending carrier that determines the maximum file size, since the file sits on their server.
    11-11-2014 12:27 AM