How do you uninstall

rickap7

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Apps preinstalled?
or at least hide the widget some of the stuff I will never use it is just taking up space and memory.

HELP

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Like Chris said, root it. It's pretty easy and there is plenty of help on the forums. After that, you can uninstall anything (including pre-installed bloatware) using Titatnium Backup (which is a must-have root app) or other means.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Like Chris said, root it. It's pretty easy and there is plenty of help on the forums. After that, you can uninstall anything (including pre-installed bloatware) using Titatnium Backup (which is a must-have root app) or other means.

Please do not respond to another member by saying "root it". I appreciate your concerns towards rickap are all in helping with the stated issue but there is more to rooting than just doing it. You never know what rooting can do to a phone if the user does not execute it correctly. I am not saying that Rickap is Android illiterate but what I am saying is that you never know if the person on the other side conversation is aware of all the potentially negative consequences to rooting. Like voiding warranty (if you are unable to unroot), bricking device (if not done correctly) and a hand full of other things that could be bad.

I am not trying to say that rooting a device is bad because it's not (like i have said multiple times) if done correctly by someone who has done the research and is aware of what to do and also knows how they can reverse root access.

Like Chris stated, you can't remove pre-installed apps without rooting but you can hide them with 3rd party launchers. I think DX Top (i think that is what it's called) and also I think i have heard Launcher Pro can as well.

If you do choose to root your device please make sure that you read through some of the material on how to do it and also how to reverse it, if you haven't already. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
To follow up with what Brett said, you may find this article very handy in your decision as well. Rooting has been a topic of great discussion on the forums, so much so that sometimes it's like beating a dead horse, but regardless it is an important decision to make when it comes to things like this.

Rooting - Is it For Me?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I am sure this has been said way too much and is cheesy as anything but.....
WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY!!!

-Uncle Ben

haha I couldn't help myself

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
If you do choose to root your device please make sure that you read through some of the material on how to do it and also how to reverse it, if you haven't already. Better safe than sorry.

I hear what you're saying Brett. Maybe I shouldn't assume everyone will do the proper research before hacking their phone like I did. I read up on it for weeks before pulling the trigger. Your quoted disclaimer above is what I should've added to my post. Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49